About Villa Tanteralie
Villa Tanteralie is situated along the spectacular Cape West Coast, in the quaint harbour town of Yzerfontein.
The Tuscan-style apartment, which has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, features an open-plan well-equipped kitchenette, a comfortable lounge with television and full DSTV, a dining table, and a furnished outside garden with braai facilities. The abode also offers guests secure parking on the premises as well as WiFi.
Yzerfontein has numerous great attractions in and around the area for guests to explore, such as the stunning 16 Mile Beach, the Dassen Island Penguin Colony, and the Vyge Valley Farmers Market.
Things to do in Yzerfontein:
1. Bird watchers can try and spot the endangered Black Tobie on the beach or head to the saltpans to view the Pelicans and Flamingos.
2. Be on the lookout for Southern Right and Humpback whales who frequent the area for most of the year.
3. Enjoy the indigenous gardens, which can be seen everywhere.
4. The main beach is the original area where former farmers of the area used to stockpile their cattle.
5. Visit and view the rock excavations located just before the harbour entrance.
6. Visit the Kalkbranders, located next to the oldest building in Yzerfontein, the Fish House, and learn about its history.
7. Visit the beach near Kelp Street during low tide and try and spot the abandoned tractor. Locals will be able to fill you in on the background story while you get to know the area.
8. Order a picnic basket, visit Schaapeiland and take a walk along the footpath to the harbour.
9. Enjoy the sunset from the harbour wall and look out over Meeurots with the 16 Mile Beach in the distance.
10. Enjoy some Gift Shop shopping by popping in at Pretty Cute, Wild Flour, PeriWinkles, and Blikaspaai.
11. Fresh Fish is for sale from fishermen arriving at the port at the Fish Market. Or you can buy frozen products from Dassen Seafoods.
12. On your way to Yzerfontein, don’t forget to stop at Weskus Padstal and Beaulah Farm Deli on the R27
13. Enjoy coffee and conversation at Wild Flour, Feast, Boathouse, Beaches and Droograk.
14. Freshly baked goods and delicious coffee is on offer at Rosemead Artisan Bakery.
15. Tuck into fresh seafood in the open air Strandkombuis restaurant.
16. Keep a look out for camels on the R315
17. Enjoy dinner at Meeurots and Lulas
18. Friday nights are Pizza nights at Yzervark Bistro
19. Walk all of, or part of, the 16 Mile Beach.
20. Rent bicycles from Yzerfontein Explorer and see the town on two wheels!
21. Enjoy a wide variety of watersports in Yzerfontein
22. Yzerfontein offers unlimited bike routes – just bring your bike or rent one.
23. Walk the town at your leisure
24. Join the Park Run / Walk every Saturday morning.
25. Walk up Klein Windhoek farm.
Family friendly: This establishment is surrounded with Security fencing and is suited for children and small pets
Stay between 30 Aug 2018 and 29 Nov 2018 and get 10% off. Valid every Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu. .
Only paying guests are allowed on premises. Depending on the number of guests booked there might be room for visitors to sleep over, however, this may only be done with the prior permission of the owner, and will attract an additional charge. Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of guests...
Only paying guests are allowed on premises. Depending on the number of guests booked there might be room for visitors to sleep over, however, this may only be done with the prior permission of the owner, and will attract an additional charge. Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of guests and their possessions on these premises, the owner, its agents and employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a guest/s whilst on the premises. The guest/s upon booking indemnifies the owner of Villa Tanteralie of any claims arising from an injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the premises. The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied. Parking available behind a motorised gate. Non-smoking environment indoors, but welcome to smoke outside. No breakage charge, but we kindly request that you inform of damages. A breakage deposit might be requested for bigger groups. A minimum of 2 nights stay in high season Bath towels provided are not for use on the beach, please bring own beach towels. Due to the fact that the West Coast is an arid environment, the local communities experience water restrictions from time to time, please help us by using water sparingly. This is a self-catering facility, however cleaning services are an available option on request. Fresh bedding and towels available on request for lengthy stay.
- Terms & Conditions may apply on all special offers see more
Reviews for Villa Tanteralie2 guest reviews Reviews of
1 out of 5 stars
Villa Tanteralie Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Yzerfontein
(1 km from Yzerfontein)
Yzerfontein is mostly known for having wonderful spring wildflowers, great kitesurfing and windsurfing, and good fishing. It’s also known for the seemingly endless stretch of 16 Mile Beach, starting in the south at Yzerfontein Main Beach. A...
(3.2 km from Yzerfontein)
Pearl Bay Beach is backed by seacliffs offering standout views of Dassen Island, Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. This new suburb in the south of Yzerfontein is going through a rapid development phase. Photo source: en.wikipedia.org
(13.2 km from Yzerfontein)
Join a guided tour at !Khwa ttu for interesting insights into the culture, heritage, knowledge and modern-day life of the Bushmen of southern Africa. Qualified San guides will demonstrate their skills, share their oral history, track animals and...
(11.8 km from Yzerfontein)
Buffelsfontein 4x4 is a sand route in the Buffelsfontein Nature Reserve just outside Yzerfontein. An entry fee is asked per vehicle and possibly per person. This is a fantastic adventure for the family as the trail has a grading of 1 to 3 and has...