Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Need more information?
Want to Book this Property?
Skuinsle is a self-catering house located in Yzerfontein. The property is close to the main beach, as well as shops and restaurants in the town centre.
The pet-friendly property sleeps eight guests and comprises three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a guest toilet. The main and second bedrooms each have a double bed and a single bed. The third bedroom has two three-quarter beds. The first bathroom has a shower over the bath and the second bathroom has a shower
The well-equipped kitchen has a stove, microwave, washing machine, fridge, freezer, kettle and toaster. The lounge has a TV with selected DStv channels and a DVD player. The living area has a dining table and an indoor braai area. The house also has an upper deck with braai facilities that guests can use.
The garden is fully fenced and there are turtles on site. The property is close to Yzer Bru Building, a liquor store, cafe, beauty salon and a coffee shop. The sports club and Lula's Restaurant are also close by as well as the community hall and tennis courts.
More About Skuinsle
- Pet Friendly*
- Central location
- Double bed
- Double/Twin rooms
Terms & Conditions
Bookings & check-in:
• Upon your enquiry for accommodation, a quote will be provided to you.
• A 30% deposit is required to reserve the establishment, and full payment is required one week prior to occupation (one month for bookings during the end of year holiday period).
• The person responsible for making the reservations and payment should ensure that anyone else in the party has read these terms and conditions, and accept full responsibility and liability for this.
• It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the host at the time of taking occupancy.
• You are welcome to check in from 15:00 to 18:00 (or later, by arrangement) on the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by 10:00 on the day of departure.
• Parking is available for up to four cars in the driveway, which is gated.
• Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guests only by arrangement.
• The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
Breakage & damages:
• Please report damages to your host.
• Your breakage deposit of R500 will be refunded 48 hours after you have departed, should all be in order.
• Please do not sit on the lounge furniture with wet bathing suits or dirty clothing or with food or drinks.
• Guests should provide their own towels.
• Please turn back the duvets on the beds which have been slept in, to make things easier for our cleaners.
• This is a self-catering facility, but for a lengthy stay we can gladly provide you with a cleaning service by prior arrangement.
• Laundry facilities are available at the Villa Fontana Centre.
• Please make use of the dustbins provided. Refuse collections are every Monday morning, and rubbish bags can be placed on the kerb outside the property (but only on the Monday itself, to avoid the bags being ripped open). Please make use of the recycle bins around town, your closest is near the Shell garage, opposite the Spar.
• Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
• The drains in Yzerfontein are either soak or Municipal pump drains; please use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other items that need to be disposed of.
Household safety and security:
• Absolutely no smoking anywhere inside the building please. Outside or upstairs on the deck, go mad. Please dispose of the butts sensibly.
• Please only make fires in the braai areas or braai drums provided. When going to bed after an evening braai – especially if it is windy – please make sure that the embers are safe or douse them with water.
• Although Yzerfontein is statistically a very low crime area, caution should still be taken. When leaving the house unoccupied at any time please lock the doors.
• A medical practitioner is available in town, but unfortunately not 24/7. Contact numbers for them, the pharmacy and emergency medical response services are provided.
• Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are requested to use and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly report any faulty conditions to the host.
• Our house is in a residential area, please respect our neighbours and refrain from loud events or parties.
• Some of the closets may be locked and contain the owner’s items.
• The garage is out of bounds.
• Yzerfontein is surrounded by nature reserves and has Green Belts running through the town. Please respect the environment at all times.
• Apart from a variety of small wild animals, there are also snakes such as puffadders and cape Cobras during the warmer season, and it is therefore advisable not to wander into the fynbos. Should you encounter a snake, please contact the ‘snake catcher’. Please also be alert for scorpions, which tend to hide under or next to things.
• At certain times of the year, such as the breeding season, ostriches could be dangerous too; do not approach them, and give them right of way.
• The West Coast is an arid environment and the local area is experiencing a severe drought. Yzerfontein has major water restrictions in place; please use water responsibly. Please limit baths and showers. Washing vehicles and/or equipment on the premises is prohibited.
• You are welcome to bring your pets with you on holiday since the garden is fully gated (and we love animals). Please bring their bedding with you, and refrain from allowing them on the furniture and beds.
• If you have large dogs please ensure that they don’t treat the tortoises (see below) as chew toys.
• There are 7 tortoises resident in the garden – please do not pick them up or in any other way harass or move them. You are welcome to buy them lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber or strawberries!
• Please look out for said tortoises when moving in and out of the driveway by car (this includes looking under the car).
• There are water bowls dotted around the garden. Clean water for the tortoises would be much appreciated.
• Please keep the gate closed at all times when not in use, even when you pop to the Spar. The tortoises have been living in the garden for over a decade, and we do not want them to wander off to somewhere they don’t know. (This did happen once before. Luckily we found the large fellow (Humpy) hanging around right outside our front garden, 2 weeks later.)
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our guests and their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a guest/s whilst on the premises. When booking at Skuinslê the guest/s hereby indemnify the owner of Skuinslê and Yzerfontein Accommodation against any claims arising from any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the premises. Guests enter at own risk.
Have a lovely stay!
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling