Skuinsle is a self-catering house located in Yzerfontein. The property is close to the main beach, as well as shops and restaurants in the town centre.The pet-friendly property sleeps eight guests and comprises three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a guest toilet. The main and second bedrooms each have a double bed and a single bed. The third bedroom has two three-quarter beds. The first bathroom has a shower over the bath and the second bathroom has a showerThe well-equipped kitchen has a stove, microwave, washing machine, fridge, freezer, kettle and toaster. The lounge ha
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Bookings & check-in:
• Upon your enquiry for accommodation, a quote will be provided to you.
• A 30% deposit is required to reserve the establishment, and full payment
is required one week prior to occupation (one month for bookings during
the end of year holiday period).
• The person responsible for making the reservation and payment should
ensure that everyone else in the party has read these terms and
conditions, and accept full responsibility and liability for this.
• It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the host
at the time of taking occupancy.
• You are welcome to check in from 15:00 to 18:00 (orlater, by arrangement)
on the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by 10:00 on the
day of departure.
• Parking is available for up to four cars in the driveway, which is gated.
• Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guest(s) only by
• The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
• Cancellation longer than 30 days, 100% refundable.
• Cancellation between 29 days and 15 days, 75% refundable.
• Cancellation 14 days, 50% refundable.
• Cancellation less than 14 days, no refund.
Breakage & damages:
• Please report damages to your host.
• Your breakage deposit of R1500 will be refunded 48 hours after you have
departed, should everything be in order.
• Please do not sit on the lounge furniture with wet bathing suits, dirty
clothing or with food or drinks.
• We Charge a cleaning fee as following: R400 per reservation for 2 nights and more stay and R650 per reservation for 1 nights only.
• This is a self-catering facility, but for a lengthy stay we can gladly provide
you with a cleaning service by prior arrangement.
• Laundry facilities are available at the Villa Fontana Centre.
• Please make use of the dustbins provided. Refuse collections are every
Monday morning, and rubbish bags can be placed on the kerb outside the
property (but only on the Monday itself, to avoid the bags being ripped
open). Please make use of the recycle bins around town, your closest one
is next to the Community Hall (go to the bottom of Park street and turn
• Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
• The drains in Yzerfontein are either soak or Municipal pump drains; please
use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other items
that need to be disposed of.
Household safety and security:
• Absolutely no smoking anywhere inside the building please. Outside or
upstairs on the deck, go mad. Please dispose of the butts sensibly.
• Please only make fires in the braai areas or braai drums provided. When going
to bed after an evening braai – especially if it is windy – please make sure that
the embers are safe or douse them with water.
• Although Yzerfontein is statistically a very low crime area, caution should still
be taken. When leaving the house unoccupied at any time please lock the
• A medical practitioner is available in town, but unfortunately not 24/7.
Contact numbers for them, the pharmacy and emergency medical
response services are provided.
• Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and
appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are
requested to use and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly
report any faulty conditions to the host.
• Our house is in a residential area, please respect our neighbours and
refrain from loud events or parties.
• Some of the closets may be locked and contain the owner’s items.
• The garage is out of bounds.
• Yzerfontein is surrounded by nature reserves and has Green Belts running
through the town. Please respect the environment at all times.
• Apart from a variety of small wild animals, there are also snakes, such as
puffadders and cape Cobras during the warmer season, and it is therefore
advisable not to wander into the fynbos. Should you encounter a snake,
please contact the ‘snake catcher’. Please also be alert for scorpions, which
tend to hide under or next to things.
• At certain times of the year, such as the breeding season, ostriches could
be dangerous too; do not approach them and give them right of way.
• The West Coast is an arid environment, and the local area is experiencing a
severe drought. Yzerfontein has major water restrictions in place; please use
water responsibly. Please limit baths and showers. Washing vehicles and/or
equipment on the premises is prohibited.
• R250 per pet per reservation
• You are welcome to bring your pets with you on holiday since the garden is
fully gated (and we love animals). Please bring their bedding with you, and
refrain from allowing them on the furniture and beds.
• If you have large dogs please ensure that they don’t treat the tortoises (see
below) as chew toys.
• There are 7 tortoise residents in the garden – please do not pick them up or
in any other way harass or move them. You are welcome to buy them lettuce,
tomatoes, cucumber or strawberries!
• Please look out for said tortoises when moving in and out of the driveway by
car (this includes looking under the car).
• There are water bowls dotted around the garden. Clean water for the tortoises
would be much appreciated.
• Please keep the gate closed at all times when not in use, even when you pop
out to the Spar. The tortoises have been living in the garden for over a decade,
and we do not want them to wander off to somewhere they don’t know. (This
did happen once before. Luckily, we found the large fellow (Humpy) hanging
around right outside our front garden 2 weeks later.)
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our
guests and their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its
employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a
guest/s whilst on the premises. When booking at Skuinslê the guest/s hereby
indemnify the owner of Skuinslê and Yzerfontein Accommodation against any
claims arising from any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the
premises. Guests enter at own risk.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Pet Friendly*
- Indoor Fireplace
- Satellite TV*
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- Central location
- Double bed
- Double/Twin rooms
- Iron and board
- Non smoking rooms
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling