About Birdsong Cottages
Birdsong Cottages is situated On a 32 ha farm 14 km’s outside of Modimolle on the R101 lies Birdsong Cottages, a venue with emphasis on keeping it cosy and luxurious. Birdsong caters for guests wanting to escape the hustle of bustle and enjoy the best the bushveld of the nearby Nylsvley has to offer.
Birdsong boasts a luxurious self-catering thatched Villa with three upmarket en-suite bedrooms, and four self-catering cottages accommodating up to 26 guests. Situated in the midst of rolling hills on a private reserve, Birdsong is the destination of choice when looking for fantastic scenery and peace of mind.
A surprising feature is the old-style 60-seater chapel, with its lush gardens and a birds-eye view of the panoramic valley below. The Uitkyk is the ideal spot for guests to be entertained by not only the never-ending African surroundings but also the free-roaming game - not to mention the prolific birdlife after which the establishment is named.
With its farm-style hospitality in comfortable overnight accommodation you will feel at home right away. Take a stroll through the bush towards the country pool or be more adventurous and follow the hiking trails offering a true Out of Africa experience with breathtaking views.
Spa: Several Health and Beauty Spas in and around Modimolle and Bela Bela offer wonderfully indulgent pampering spa experiences.
Wedding Venues: The brand new "Koi Pond" reception venue is a 60 seater venue ideal for indoor wedding receptions, events, functions, launches, family reunions and more.
Conference Venues: Birdsong offers basic conference facilities for up to 60 delegates. We can also organise the hire of projectors and sound system on request. The facility offers various fun team-building activities, including archery and guided nature walks.
Please take note that we do not accept payments at Birdsong Cottages, but we request that guests check in at Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers to finalize credit card payments. Should you be paying on arrival, please advise in order for us to send directions. Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers is en route to Birdsong on the R101, and is 2km’s from...
Please take note that we do not accept payments at Birdsong Cottages, but we request that guests check in at Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers to finalize credit card payments. Should you be paying on arrival, please advise in order for us to send directions. Modimolle Funky Stay Backpackers is en route to Birdsong on the R101, and is 2km’s from the Driefontein gravel road turn off. The property is also owned and managed by South of Africa.
• Access to Birdsong is via a 8km gravel road.
• Parking is in front of most units or the Reception.
• We have a pin-operated gate to allow access to the property. Our reception will contact you before arrival with the gate pin code.
• Certain cottages are thatched. If you have any asthma-related health problems, please contact us.
• We are located in a malaria free area.
• There is no cellphone signal on Birdsong due to its position in the valley.
• Due to Birdsong's location, we have free roaming game and small wildlife on site. There are also snakes and spiders on the property and we ask guests to respect these animals and not disturb, touch or harm them.
• Units are serviced Monday to Saturday, however the washing of cutlery and crockery is the responsibility of guests.
• Please bring along your own towels for use at the swimming pool.
• Units have select DSTV channels.
• When leaving the premises, please wait for the gate to close or manually close the gate before departing to ensure that the animals do not exit.
• The swimming pool is located on the upper level of the premises and we ask guests not to swim in the dams. Please bring along your own towels for use at the swimming pool.
• We are committed to playing a part in the protection of our environment and kindly request your participation in saving water and chemicals by re-using your towels daily.
• We have private residences on the property and respectfully ask that guests do not disturb the allocated properties.
• No loud music is allowed after 22h00.
• We ask that guests bring their own wood and fire-lighters for barbequing. Please ensure braai-fires are extinguished properly when you have finished.
• No bon fires are allowed on the premises.
• We request that guests do not fish in the dams. Note that the dams’ water levels are dependent on rain and may at certain times be dry.
• No fireworks are allowed.
Reviews for Birdsong Cottages10 guest reviews Reviews of
2.5 out of 5 stars
Birdsong Cottages Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Modimolle (Nylstroom)
(1.8 km from Modimolle (Nylstroom))
18 hole championship golf course, 6825m, Par 72. Fairways narrow as you enter onto the green - make sure you bring along your putting game!
(15.4 km from Modimolle (Nylstroom))
Thaba Kwena Crocodile Farm, is the largest commercial crocodile farm in southern hemisphere. They have approximately 22000 crocodiles of varying sizes and export crocodile products. Feeding time at Thaba Kwena is an experience not to be missed. As...
(0 km from Modimolle (Nylstroom))
Eventiera Wildlife Park near Vaalwater has a restaurant and offers a view of reptiles and big cats, including tigers.
(2 km from Modimolle (Nylstroom))
Situated close to the beautiful Nylsvley Nature Reserve, Koro Creek Golf Estate offers a wonderful escape for families and golfers alike. Visitors can enjoy close encounters with wildlife on the 18-hole golf course or the game reserve – there is...