About The Drift Farm Villa
The Drift is located on an organic farm just 20 km outside of Napier. The self-catering accommodation is ideal for groups or family getaways. The Homestead has six bedrooms that can accommodate up to 12 people.
The main Homestead has three bedrooms, the annex has two bedrooms and the barn has one bedroom. The accommodation is spacious and luxurious with a large garden, a big outdoor pool and large living and dining areas. The barn has a games room with a pool table and table tennis.
Organic vegetables and eggs are available and our housekeeper, Enoch, can assist with meals and keeping things tidy. Bruce Jack is one of Cape Town's best-known winemakers. Guests can purchase wine and cider from the farm at excellent prices.
Family friendly: The barn room has a large games room with a pool table and table tennis table.
1. Full payment is required to secure a guest’s booking, including the additional, refundable ‘breakages deposit’ of R3000.00 (Three Thousand Rand).
2. Completed booking forms and a minimum 50% deposit must be returned within 3 days of a guest’s reservation in order to keep the guest’s reservation.3. The balance for accommodation is due 5... 1. Full payment is required to secure a guest’s booking, including the additional, refundable ‘breakages deposit’ of R3000.00 (Three Thousand Rand).
2. Completed booking forms and a minimum 50% deposit must be returned within 3 days of a guest’s reservation in order to keep the guest’s reservation.3. The balance for accommodation is due 5 working days before arrival.
4. Children rates depends on ages.
5. The guest acknowledges that the booking rates may be subject to change without prior notice.
6. Any medical problem or disability must be advised before the booking is confirmed so as to allow The Drift Farm to advise on the suitability of the chosen arrangements and additional costs that may be due.
7. Any changes to the booking may have an impact on the price. The Drift Farm reserves the right to change prices once additional information or changes are received.
8. There are to be no more than 16 guests at the villa and the villa may not be occupied by anyone other than the renter and additional guests, whose names appear on the booking form. The renter’s signature must appear below, and the appearance thereof represents the other guests.
9. The Drift Farm is a working farm. By signing these Terms and Conditions, the rental guest (and by association all other guests) indemnifies the owners, management, staff and any consultants or contractors against any loss, damage and/or injury to property and/or persons.
10. Please be aware that The Drift farm is an isolated farm on the slopes of a Cape Mountain, which is the natural habitat of baboons, bees, leopards and a few species of poisonous snakes and spiders. All of these can be dangerous. The owners of the Drift Farm accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss, damage and/or injury to property and/or persons associated with any wildlife on or near the farm. The farm and rental premises are to be used entirely at the renter’s and occupants’ own risk.
11. Arrival from 12:00 pm onwards (unless otherwise arranged), on day of check in and departure time of 11:00am on day of check out.
12. Late arrival or early departure will not entitle guests to a reduction in total booking cost.
13. No pets are allowed in the villa without prior permission from The Drift Farm.
14. By signing these Terms and Conditions, the rental guest (and by association all other guests) indemnifies the farm dog against any loss, damage and/or injury to property and/or persons that may result from interactions with other pets brought to The Drift Farm.
15. No smoking is allowed in the house. Please dispose of cigarette butts appropriately (not in the garden).
16. Do not light fires anywhere other than designated fireplaces and braai facilities. Wind is a constant companion on The Drift and fires can rage out of control very easily.
17. Discharging of firearms is not permitted on the property.
18. No fireworks, Chinese lanterns or fire hazardous devices are allowed under any circumstances.
19. The swimming pool is to be used at the guests own risk. Children may not swim without supervision from an adult guest.
20. Children under the age of 8 may not play the piano.
21. Any child playing the piano must be supervised by an adult.
22. Anyone playing the piano must do so with respect and care and ensure they have clean hands and leave the instrument as they found it.
23. A clean set of linen and bath towels will be provided between stays longer than 7 days.
24. As a self-catering establishment, guests are responsible for keeping the house clean. The staff will come in twice a day to wash dishes and tidy the main living areas. Any additional cleaning needs to be arranged prior to your stay.
25. Damaged or permanently soiled linen will be charged for at cost plus 15%.
26. Dry cleaning or replacement costs for damages caused by food spills or other stains on the furniture will be deducted from the deposit. If damage costs exceed the deposit amount, the renter will be held liable and be charged.
27. Any lost or missing keys will be charged at R250 per incident.
28. ALL BREAKAGES AND DAMAGES beyond normal wear and tear will be deducted from the deposit. If damage costs exceed the deposit amount, the renter will be held liable and be charged.
29. Guests will be charged for damages caused by tampering with any of the electronic/audio visual or sound systems. This includes any costs incurred by changes made to the satellite television settings.
30. Please bring your own waterproof bed liner for children who wet the bed.
31. Cell phone reception is sporadic; the best reception is on the front verandah.
32. Cancelation Policy – (As prescribed in section 17 of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008)
a. All bookings made by us will be considered provisional until availability has been confirmed and the required deposit has been received. Should you need to cancel your booking for any reason; the following cancellation fees will apply:
b. If a booking is cancelled within 7 working days of the arrival date the 50% deposit may be retained at the Drift Farm’s sole discretion. In terms of Section 17(5) of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, no cancellation fee will be payable in the event of the death or hospitalisation of the person for whom, or for whose benefit the booking was made. Cancellation notification must be received by The Drift Farm Villa in writing.
33. The Drift Farm reserves the right to change any arrangement where necessary, e.g. changes in local conditions or circumstances beyond our control. Guests in these cases shall be entitled to a full refund of their deposit.
The Drift Farm Villa Rooms
Reviews for The Drift Farm Villa2 guest reviews Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
The Drift Farm Villa Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Napier
(0.6 km from Napier)
Every Saturday morning sees the sleepy village of Napier come alive as the industrious local residents disply their wares at the local market. Goods for sale include jams and reserves, olive products, ceramics, home made ice cream, locally produced...
(0.7 km from Napier)
One dark autumn night in the beautiful Overberg town of Napier, three friends got together and started discussing what they could do to bring some extra sparkle to their village. As they sat drinking beer after beer, the answer became obvious. It...
(0 km from Napier)
Visit the beautiful stately Dutch Reformed Church in the main street of Napier. Built in 1838, it features a teak interior and a stunning pipe organ.
(17 km from Napier)
This treasure chest of a museum specialises in shipwrecks along the South African coastline and contains showpieces specific to the Overberg. Three sections make up the museaum – one of which is the Shipwreck Museum. Housed in the old former...