About Cederkloof Botanical Retreat
Welcome to Cederkloof Botanical Retreat
The Cederkloof Botanical Retreat forms part of a working farm 8km from Citrusdal, a quiet and tranquil space set in a beautiful valley abutting a wilderness area. Part of the landscape is still wild and opens to numerous views with beautiful rock formations from where you can watch stunning moon rises and have the stars put on a show just for you.
The retreat is situated in a wide valley between striking mountains, providing an excellent opportunity to explore the mountainside on the 4km hiking trail with its weird rock formations covered in lichen and more than 850 fynbos species that attract hundreds of bird species.
The retreat is perfect for a weekend getaway from Cape Town, signature birthday parties, or romantic hideaways. Solo journeys are taken here for quiet recovery, families with kids of all ages for adventures in nature, couples find perfect alone time and groups of friends celebrate birthdays. Whatever age or group size there is something special here for you.
The accommodation consists of 10 well-equipped self-catering cottages, nestled in a Fynbos-covered kloof. We have six single units that sleep two people, and four double units that sleep four. All rooms are en-suite, some bathrooms have showers or baths or both.
Each unit has double doors that open onto the terrace – the perfect spot for sundowners, to light up a braai or do stargazing from your private jacuzzi.
The luxurious beds are all king size unless you request single beds with percale cotton duvet covers and sheets.
The private jacuzzis are fed with natural spring water.
In the morning, you can take your breakfast outside into the country air and experience the absolute abundance of bird life, and other visitors to the indigenous natural Fynbos mountains that include sugar birds, butterflies, dragonflies and many more.
Not every unit has cellphone signal or Wi-Fi. The best Wi-Fi is in units 9 and 10, but those are also the least private units. However, you can access unlimited, free Wi-Fi at the central building.
Terms and conditions that apply to your stay at Cederkloof
1. The stay is undertaken at the guest's own risk and the owner and/or its members and employees shall not be held liable for any claim regarding personal injury, illness, death or the like arising from any cause whatsoever, including vis major casus fortuitus or negligence in any form... Terms and conditions that apply to your stay at Cederkloof
1. The stay is undertaken at the guest's own risk and the owner and/or its members and employees shall not be held liable for any claim regarding personal injury, illness, death or the like arising from any cause whatsoever, including vis major casus fortuitus or negligence in any form by the owners, its members, employees and/or agents, whilst staying in the cottages or using the hiking trails.
2. All baggage and personal belongings are at all times at the guest's own risk. The owner and/or its members and/or its employees are not responsible for any form of negligence and/or criminal conduct by third parties.
3. The guest undertakes not to, without the necessary permission of the owners, touch,use, operate or board any farm implement; pick fruit and/or damage the orchards.
4. No furniture or any items that are in the cottages at the time of arrival may be moved or removed from the cottage.
5. Regret no smoking allowed in any of the cottages, on the trails or in the gardens.
6. No music is allowed at any time anywhere on the property unless the retreat was booked out in its entirety.
7. Upon leaving, please ensure that your cottage is locked, window closed before leaving the key in the door for collection and inspection. Remember you will be held responsible if you failed to lock up and something goes missing.
8. Dogs are allowed if they are well socialized. There is wildlife on the property such as baboons, scorpions and snakes. Neither the establishment or the management can be held responsible to any injury to pets.
9. The guest will be held responsible for the cost of breakages and the loss of the key.
10. Check in will only be after 2 pm and check out time will be 10 am
Cederkloof Botanical Retreat Rooms
Reviews for Cederkloof Botanical Retreat2 guest reviews Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
Cederkloof Botanical Retreat Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Citrusdal
(16.9 km from Citrusdal)
The Baths, with its natural hot water springs of 43º Celsius, is situated only two hours' drive from Cape Town in the scenic Olifants River Valley. In addition to the hot and cold water swimming pools and hot mineral spring water baths, relaxing...
(25.6 km from Citrusdal)
Seasoned hikers should only attempt the spectacular hike to the Wolfberg Arch via the Wolfberg Cracks. Purchase permits and a map from the office at Dwarsrivier or Algeria Forest Station (Cape Nature HQ for the Cederberg Wilderness). The route...
(22.8 km from Citrusdal)
Venture up a short, moderately steep trail from Algeria Forest Station up to Middelberg Waterfall. Start walking up the clearly signposted path at the end of the Algeria campsite. Take the path that forks to the left when you’re almost at the...
(28.9 km from Citrusdal)
Grab a permit and map at Dwarsrivier for the 7.5 km Wolfberg Mountain Bike Trail. Remember to take lots of water, sunblock and a puncture kit. Distance: 7.5 km Difficulty: Moderate