Pheasant Hill - WOW
Sonja Jacobs, South Africa
21 September 2015
What a fantastic setting and venue. On arrival Deon (the owner) was on his magnificent horse practicing dressage!!! We sat outside enjoying a beer while watching and chatting to Pieter. The venue is something out of an European magazine, they were set for a wedding the next day and there are no words to describe the elegance. The care and effort that has been taken into making Pheasant Hill what it is, is something to be admired. No expense has been spared and the attention to detail is extraordinary. They also have great conferencing facilities, and would definitely make that the next venue for a team session.
Robert Damasio, South Africa
06 October 2014
Enjoyed our stay. However, we can't understand why breakfast is only served from 7:00am? We are business people and need to be out of there by 7:00am. This doesn't make sense. The only other issue we had is the hot water in the shower where you have to leave the hot water tap running in the basin in order to get the hot water in the shower. Total waste of water especially in this country where water is so precious.
Komalin Chetty, South Africa
20 May 2013
The room looked different to the picture.
I enjoyed my stay, the staff were polite and friendly.
Theresa Jacobs, South Africa
27 April 2013
Have stayed at Pheasant Hill twice in the last 6 months and can't wait to go back! Love the beautiful landscaping and all the little details in the rooms...Even on very short notice they are able to roll out the red carpet and make you feel like an old friend!
Lm Grobler, South Africa
09 November 2012
I always stay over in hotels in Gauteng when on business. Never again. My stay at Pheasant Hill was very pleasant. Next to the city but just far away from the city. Thank you for your hospitality.
Andrew Avis, South Africa
05 November 2012
In short this was our experienace:
1. When we arrived at 17h30 there was no parking - so we had to stop outside the gate. We then found a security guard who directed us to the reception.
2. There was nobody to be found at reception.
3. 18 mins later a women walked through the reception, picked up some keys and said, "come?"
4. We were taken to our room.
5. While there was nothing wrong with the room, it looked nothing like what we had anticipated from the website. Very average!
6. I then went to collect our bags - remember my car was now outside the gate - still no parking. I was told that we had to wait for the wedding party to leave.....fair enough.
7. We carried our bags to the room, not Comrades, but a little walk none the less, dogging trees and walking on cobble stone!
8. My wife took a quick shower before we were to arrive at a function in Irene at 18h30. it was now just after 18h00.
9. No hair dryer! In all the B&B's, hotels etc, this is about as standard as a plug point?
10. Again nobody to assist, so we made arrangement to go to a friend nearby to get ready.
11. When we arrived back we had to park at the top of the property! While we managed to do so, this area is almost make shift and no clear direction as to how to park? the only way that i could park my car was side ways.
12. Like i said the room was fair enough, but not R900.00 worth in my opinion. The bed was two single matresses on a bass. Again not the end of the world but not ideal.
13. Breakfast the next morning seemed much more organised and very pleasant.
14. However we did not appreciate the owners dog running around the dinning area, trying to make friends with us while we were eating.
15. There was a tour group of elderly folk from Europe - I could not help but think what they must think coming from a 1st world country?
Comfortable, stylish and friendly
Johan Van Noordwyk, South Africa
11 April 2012
We enjoyed our stay. Deon is such a wonderful host. Spacious room and lovely setting (we loved the garden!). Will use again on our next stay in the area.