Mabalingwe Nature Reserve
About Tumbili Lodge
About Tumbili Lodge
Tumbili is a newly renovated self-catering lodge located in the greater Mabalingwe Reserve, a malaria-free area of Limpopo province, near Bela Bela. The reserve is home to the Big five (four roaming free), the 5th big five member being lion, can be viewed at the predator center, safely fenced off in a separate large area. Over 36 game species and 250 bird species are present. Tumbili can accommodate 10 adults and two children, the lodge boasts five, en-suite double air-conditioned bedrooms. The property is a single-story. The kitchen is fully-equipped for self-catering purposes and
Safe, clean, sanitized to proper guidelines. Cleaner lives in and has self-isolated, trained on Covid preparedness -hand washing, sanitising, social distancing, wearing a mask and gloves. Use mandatory sanitizers and disinfectants.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
At Mabalingwe Nature reserve you can either do your own game drive or book game drives at the Caravan Park or Time Share Reception. Bedding and towels are provided. Daily cleaning service 9 till 2pm.
Activities on Mabalingwe Reserve include:
• Predator feeding excursions - rescue center (incl. lions, wild dog, cheetah, karakul, hyena).
• Game viewing - on Horseback, Game & Bird Drives, Guided Bush Walks.
• Clubhouse: Mbali Day Spa, tennis, squash, action cricket, La Fera Restaurant, Boeretroos coffee shop, Farm Stall 4 different swimming pools, children’s play areas.
• Kalahari Oasis Bush Pub – site of the old Sasol adverts with fun memorabilia & picnic area.
•Liquor Store, R&R Bar and General Store for essentials.
• The closest town, Bela Bela, is about 35 minutes from Mabalingwe you can enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping centre (Checkers, Pick and Pay Spar and Game etc)
Activities Close to Mabalingwe:
• Golf courses – Zebula about 30 minutes drive (26,7) from Tumbili (via R516) Elements about 40 minute (31.5 km via the R516) Golf course .
• Animal Centres – Adventures with Elephants, De Wildt Cheetah & Wildlife Centre.
• BelaBela Warmbaths - warm springs pools with slides & kids activities, Hydro Spa & hot pools.
Tumbili Lodge is a quiet getaway for those who respect peace and wildlife. Should complaints arise from neighbouring lodges, security will be called and fines levied.
Disclaimer: There is a low wall around the entertainment area and boma, The watering hole is outside the property, children must be supervised.
Wild animals are roaming outside and can be dangerous, no feeding of animals is aloud.
The swimming pool has a safety net. The parents and not Tumbili Lodge are legally responsible for their children. Furthermore, Tumbili Lodge cannot be held responsible for any injury, death, loss or damage to any of our guests’ property arising from the supply of goods and services as well as usage of Tumbili Lodge property and surroundings.
We have a cancellation policy as follows:
- No show or cancellation within 14 days - No refund due
- Cancellation between 15 and 30 days before stay - 25% of the deposit will be refunded.
- Cancellation between 30 and 60 days before stay - 50% deposit will be refunded.
- Cancellation more than 60 days before stay - full refund.
- Swimming Pool
- Satellite TV*
- Parking on Premises
- Air conditioning
- House Keeping
- Non smoking rooms
- Pets Not Allowed
- Covid Safety Approved
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling