Thornhill Guest House
Ndlovumzi Nature Reserve
About Thornhill Guest House
We are a self catering home within Ndlovumzi Nature Reserve, at the foothills of the Drakensberg mountains. Accommodates 6 Adults & 3 Children. Eat when you like, cook when you like, sleep as long as you like - its yours to enjoy.
Its the perfect base for day safaris along the Blyde River Canyon & the Kruger Park. Ask about our packages.
Or relax in your own piece of wild Africa enjoying the silence, wide open views, game & bird & sunsets around the BOMA fire in the lapa.
Thornhill is on an exclusive 22 hectare piece of land within the Nature Reserve. But with full traversing rights across the entire reserve making it ideal for game drive, walks or cycling.
We are not a (Big 5 Reserve) but boast Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Waterbuck, Impala & various other Antelope, Bird life etc.
Thornhill consists of 3 different amenities on the same property.
1) We have the main house, consisting of 3 on-suite bedrooms connected by an outside patio plus a lounge/dinning/kitchen.
2) Lapa/BOMA/braai area/kitchen/bar.
3) Pool with Gazebo for shade/elevated bird hide/Toilet.
Excellent view of the mountain and wild African bush.
You and your family & friends will have access to the entire house. As well as access on Ndlovumzi Nature Reserve for;
Game drives & enjoy sundowners from an elevated picnic spot
Other things to note;
Dstv/Cable TV on request
R100-00 once off "Ndlovumzi Gate Fee" per car (Cash only). Your contribution goes towards helping the animal welfare and maintaining genetic diversity of our wildlife.
Braai/BBQ wood on sale at Thornhill (removal of firewood and other fauna and flora on the reserve is prohibited.
The house is fully equipped except please bring your own food and drinks.
Day Trips in an Open Safari Vehicle to the Kruger Park and/or the Panorama Route through the Blyde River Canyon can be arranged on request. Picked up and Dropped off is right here at Thornhill by an experienced guide.
Also on offer is a cultural village tour and local village cuisine.
We are in the heart of the Golden Triangle and you can enjoy Day Trips to;
1) The Kruger National Park Orpen Gate and Phalaborwa Gates are 90 minute drive away from the tar road (R527).
2) The magnificent Blyde River Canyon. This includes Bourkes Luck Potholes, Gods Window, Three Rondavels, Pilgrims Rest etc...
3) Other wildlife activities in the area are the Mohololo Rehab, Cheetah Breeding Project, Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre and Game viewing on Horseback.
The nearest town, Hoedspruit has your ATM's, restaurants, local tourist shops, grocery & butcher shops.
Safari: Without a 4x4 or 2x4 vehicle it is possible you won’t be able to access all the roads within Ndlovumzi. Game Viewing is also possible on Bush Walks & Mountain Biking (Mountain Bicylce Only)
Thornhill Guest House Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling