About Shangri-La Country Hotel
About Shangri-La Country Hotel
The word Shangri-La translates into Place of Eternal Youth. The Shangri-La Country Hotel is a secluded hideaway of great beauty, and a sanctuary of peace and tranquillity nestled against the verdant backdrop of the Waterberg, overlooking the tropical Nile Valley. We offer the elegance and charm of yesteryear in a non-commercial atmosphere, with true home-away-from-home pampering.Accommodation is provided in 49 en-suite, individually decorated rooms furnished with antique masterpieces echoing the African Colonial charm that is created by the main complex. Our luxury rooms and rondav
Located at Shangri-La’s iconic sparkling pool, the new Spa forms part of the relaxation area. The Spa offers two calm treatment rooms – one customized for couples. Guests can expect a variety of massages and skin and body care treatments.
If getting married in the countryside has always been on your wish list, consider what we have on offer. Any one of our indoor or outdoor venues can become a fairytale setting to ensure you remember your special celebration for years to come.
Shangri-La Hotel offers a peaceful country venue for conferences, business indabas, team-building events and workshops. Conference organisers can opt for day conference- and overnight packages.
From a unique labyrinth and 9-hole putt-putt course, to stargazing in the Amphitheater and playing tennis, snooker, darts or table tennis, we have a range of activities to keep the kids entertained during their stay with us.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Our Spa offer massages, facials and other wellness services on site. We do advise that guests book in advance. Please contact us for a pricelist. Bookings are essential and should be made in advance.
To avoid disappointment we suggest reserving in advance a table in our Heritage Restaurant for dinner.
High Tea is available subject to advanced reservations.
• Access to Shangri-La is via a 2km gravel road.
• Hotel parking is in front of the Tennis Courts.
• We have 24 hour security roaming the grounds.
• We offer hotel rooms and thatched rondavels. If you have any asthma-related health problems, please contact us to move you to a hotel room.
• Only certain rooms have a mini bar and safe.
• Certain rooms offer a mini kitchenette.
• Rooms offer an en-suite bathroom with bath or shower. Guests are requested to advise if they have a special preference.
• We are located in a malaria free area.
• Please note our bedrooms are different in style and décor and may differ from the photographs displayed on the website.
• Shangri-La now boasts cellphone signal.
• Due to Shangri-La's location, vervet monkeys, cats and meerkats live on site. We ask guests to respect these animals and not feed, touch or harm them.
• We also offer wedding and conference facilities. In the event of a large event or function, we offer alternate dining venues to guests should the restaurants be booked.
Other facilities at Shangri-La include:
• 24-Hour Front Desk
• Complimentary Wi-Fi in select areas
• Business Services and Concierge Service
• Pleasing array of dining venues
• Relaxing swimming pool with terrace loungers and umbrellas
• Spa with 2 treatment rooms, one for couples
• Volleyball & tennis courts, 9-hole Putt-Putt course & giant outdoor Chess Board
• Indoor sporting facilities including snooker table, darts and table tennis
• Plenty of open space for outdoor teambuilding.
• Many guests that visit Shangri-La Country Hotel & Spa claim their own piece of paradise by languishing around the pool, enjoying the well kept gardens, walking in the surrounding bush or simply watching the resident wild monkeys frolicking in the trees. Shangri-La also has a fenced game camp that is home to a wide selection of antelope species. Note that these camps may not be entered by guests.
- Swimming Pool
- Indoor Fireplace
- Satellite TV*
- Vitality Collection
- Credit Card Facilities
- Room Service
- Conference Venues
- Restaurant on Premises
- Parking on Premises
- Business Center
- Non smoking rooms
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Pets Not Allowed
- Zulu (isiZulu)
- Northern Sotho (Sesotho sa Leboa)
- Sotho (Sesotho)
- Tsonga (Xitsonga)
- Venda (Tshivenda)
- 4 Stars - Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling