About Mountain Mist
Mountain Mist is a quiet nature retreat at the foot of the Kogelberg mountain in Betty's Bay and can accommodate up to a maximum of 6 guests (adults and/or children/toddlers) in a fully furnished three-bedroomed self-catering holiday home with all the comforts of your own home. There are three beautiful en-suite bedrooms on the ground floor - the first with a double bed, the second with twin beds and the third with a queen-size bed (each bedroom has a private entrance from the front porch). Kindly note that the flatlet in the attic remains vacant at all times, and is not rented out. The living area inside the house is spacious, with a large open-plan kitchen and living/dining room area with wood-burning fireplace, and a flat-screen TV with selected ("Family package") DStv channels. The kitchen area boasts fabulous mountain views and there is also a washing machine and dishwasher for your comfort - a must if the kids have tagged along with you! Kindly remember to bring along your own washing detergent, dishwasher tablets, filter coffee and paper filters for the coffee machine! A full-length patio at the front of the house sets the scene for chardonnay and crayfish at the end of a tough day on the beach, while to the back of the house, in the lee of the mountain and protected from those Atlantic gusts, there is a barbeque area featuring a cold-water jacuzzi (unfortunately it can not be heated). A double garage is available to keep vehicles safe and secure, and you’ll also have a panic button on the remote (attached to the house keys), which is linked to SafeSecurity (a 24-hour armed response unit). So you can rest assured… The Penguin Nature Reserve is 2.9 kilometres down the road, and there are some good hikes and walking trails in the surrounding mountains and fynbos. The beach is 1.9 kilometres down the road, and there are various eateries and pubs littered up and down the immediate coastline. Set in open fynbos at the foot of the Kogelberg in Betty’s Bay, you have plenty in the way of open space and views towards the ocean.
Below are a few important points with regards to your stay at Mountain Mist - thank you in advance for your understanding and kind cooperation with regards to the following:
1) Mountain Mist is a quiet nature retreat in the middle of a nature reserve, and as such no music and/or noisy social events are allowed at Mountain Mist (otherwise... Below are a few important points with regards to your stay at Mountain Mist - thank you in advance for your understanding and kind cooperation with regards to the following:
1) Mountain Mist is a quiet nature retreat in the middle of a nature reserve, and as such no music and/or noisy social events are allowed at Mountain Mist (otherwise the elderly neighbour at Mountain Mist might lodge a complaint).
2) Mountain Mist can accommodate a maximum of six guests (adults and/or children/toddlers).
3) Mountain Mist has an attic apartment, but it is not rented out and remains vacant for the duration of your stay.
4) Mountain Mist is a non-smoking establishment and, for hygiene purposes, pets can unfortunately not be accommodated.
5) Mountain Mist has a jacuzzi by the outside barbeque area, but it can not be heated - it is a cold-water jacuzzi.
6) Mountain Mist offers a limited number of DStv channels (i.e. the "Family Package", which has 67 channels). see more
Reviews for Mountain Mist2 guest reviews Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
Mountain Mist Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling