About Idwala View
This secluded, self-catering luxury nature reserve getaway offers you the best way to experience amazing African wildlife in the malaria-free Mabalingwe Nature Reserve – the playground of a multitude of Africa's finest animals and birds who love to visit the watering hole at Idwala View. The house boasts spacious rooms that spill out to the expansive deck where a swimming pool, bar and sun deck await. Beautifully decorated in a distinct South African flavour, inspired by Tretchikoff and the local street artists, Idwala View can accommodate 14 guests – up to 10 adults and 4 children. Perfect for family gatherings and large groups. Spend quality time together as you enjoy the views of the glorious sunsets while sipping a sundowner. Go on game drives in your own Game Viewing Vehicle (manual transmission) (extra cost of ZAR 650.00 per day). Or book a guided game drive with Mablingwe Time Share Reception. Be greeted in the mornings by Klipspringers and experience the magic of your own open air boma lit by a glowing fire and the Milky Way at night. In addition to the awesome surrounds and first-rate accommodation, you can choose from a host of activities; including horseback game viewing, cold and heated swimming pools and an outdoor spa.Main House:Leopard Room – Upstairs – En-suite Bathroom – King Bed – Sleep 2.Elephant Room – Upstairs next to Leopard Room – Loft Room – Bathroom/Shower Downstairs – 2 Single Daybeds – Sleep 2.Impala Room – Downstairs – En-suite Bathroom – 2 Single Beds – Sleep 2.Deck Rooms (access from Main Deck):Zebra Room – En-suite Bathroom and Shower – King Bed – Sleep 2 – Plus 2 Roller Beds with Bedding that can be prepared for children.Ostrich Room – En-suite Bathroom and Shower – King Bed – Sleep 2 – Plus 2 Roller Beds with Bedding that can be prepared for children.
Stay between 12 Aug 2017 and 31 Dec 2019 and get 15% off.
- Valid for 8 guests or more
- 5 night min stay (check-in between 12 Aug 2017 and 31 Dec 2019)
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental is also payable and will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE... IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental is also payable and will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE QUOTATION.
• The Departure Clean Fee of R600.00 forms part of the quotation. This is NOT a daily cleaning service. See ADDED EXTRAS for the price of the daily cleaning service.
• A levy of R150.00 per extra person per night will be added if the quote was done for a specified number of guests and more guests are added.
• Children are welcome. Young children must be under the supervision of their parents at all times.
• No stag or hen groups.
• No matriculation parties.
• No bachelor parties.
• No pets are allowed under any circumstances.
• Music will not be allowed from 10 pm to 11.30 am.
• Smoking is only allowed in some of the open air areas.
• Parking for all guests is available on site and is free of charge. Strictly no more than 4 cars.
• Free Wi-Fi.
• Free DSTV.
• A Camp/Travel Cot and bedding is available on request.
• As the house is situated in a Nature Reserve, all persons using the house will have to sign an indemnity form which will be emailed on receipt of deposit.
• Please note the lodge can comfortably sleep 8 adults and 6 children or even 10 adults and 4 children.
• Please note that baboons, monkeys and various other animals roam freely. Keep all doors and windows securely closed and locked when out, not in sight or when checking out. Failure to do so, resulting in the baboons, monkeys or animals gaining access to the house will result in the loss of the whole breakage deposit as well as being charged for any other damage incurred by the baboons. monkeys or animals.
• A daily cleaning service is available at R320.00 a day.
• A game drive vehicle (manual transmission) is available at R950.00 per day. (The vehicle has to be booked for the entire duration of your stay. All fuel, flat tyres and call-outs will be for your own account.) Driver of the vehicle must be a licensed driver and over the age of 25. The vehicle cannot be taken off the reserve. The vehicle is not allowed on any of the 4x4 routes or difficult routes up the mountains. Failure to adhere to this policy can result in the loss of the full breakage deposit plus being liable for all other costs involved. If the vehicle is rented the breakge deposit will be repaid after 10 working days. If rented, the vehicle is only for the use of the tenants at Idwala View.
• Braai wood is available at R25.00 per bag.
• Heating of swimming pool to 25 degrees C @ R350.00 a day. This has to be booked at least 3 days in advance and has to be booked for the entire duration of your stay.
YOU CAN ALSO BOOK THE HOUSE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONFIGURATIONS:
Main House Only – Sleep 6 – ZAR 3500.00 per night.
Main House plus One Deck Room – Sleep 8 – ZAR 3800.00 per night.
Whole House – Main House plus 2 Deck Rooms – Sleep 8 adults and 6 children or 10 adults and 4 children – normal listed rates per night apply.
If you book the main house only or the main house and the one deck room only your privacy is still assured as the rest will not be booked out to anyone else.
Advertised Specials do not apply when booking the Main House or the Main House and one Deck Room. see more
Reviews for Idwala View7 guest reviews Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
Idwala View Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Mabalingwe Nature Reserve
(7.4 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
Designed by Peter Matkovich, Elements Private Golf Reserve has been rated among the top golf courses in South Africa. Keeping in theme with it's natural surroundings, the course's intention is to act as a sanctuary away from the city, hence the...
(2.5 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
Thandeka Spa, an exclusive Africology spa, is situated in the tranquil surrounds of Thandeka Lodge in Bela Bela. The spa is perfect for unwinding at and enjoying a luxurious rejuvenating treatment. All of the treatments are aimed at energising,...
(7.2 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
Tee off on the world first Biosphere Golf Course in the Waterberg The combination of 18 championship golf holes and the untamed wilderness of Africa promises to be an exceptional playing experience. Against a stunning backdrop of hills and nestled...
(11.4 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
At Shakama Spa you can expect to be pampered from head to toe with rejuvenating therapies for the whole body. All the treatments offered are done by experienced therapists who will ensure complete restoration of balance to the mind and body. The...