About Idwala View
This secluded, self-catering luxury nature reserve getaway offers you the best way to experience amazing African wildlife in the malaria-free Mabalingwe Nature Reserve – the playground of a multitude of Africa's finest animals and birds who love to visit the watering hole at Idwala View. The house boasts spacious rooms that spill out to the expansive deck where a swimming pool, bar and sun deck await. Beautifully decorated in a distinct South African flavour, inspired by Tretchikoff and the local street artists, Idwala View comfortably accommodates 8 adults and 4 children, or alternatively, it can accommodate 10 adults and 2 children. Perfect for family gatherings and large groups. Spend quality time together as you enjoy the views of the glorious sunsets while sipping a sundowner.
Go on game drives in your own Game Viewing Vehicle (manual transmission) (extra cost of ZAR 950.00 per day). Or book a guided game drive with Mablingwe Time Share Reception. Be greeted in the mornings by Klipspringers and experience the magic of your own open air boma lit by a glowing fire and the Milky Way at night. In addition to the awesome surrounds and first-rate accommodation, you can choose from a host of activities; including horseback game viewing, cold and heated swimming pools and an outdoor spa. Main House: Leopard Room – Upstairs – En-suite Bathroom – King Bed – Sleep 2. Elephant Room – Upstairs next to Leopard Room – Loft Room – Bathroom/Shower Downstairs – 2 Single Daybeds – Sleep 2. Impala Room – Downstairs – En-suite Bathroom – 2 Single Beds – Sleep 2. Deck Rooms (access from Main Deck): Zebra Room – En-suite Bathroom and Shower – King Bed plus 1 Roller Bed and bedding for a child – Sleep 3 – Plus 1 Extra Roller Bed with Bedding that can be prepared for a child @ R150.00 per night per bed. Ostrich Room – En-suite Bathroom and Shower – King Bed plus 1 Roller Bed and bedding for a child – Sleep 3 – Plus 1 Extra Roller Bed with Bedding that can be prepared for a child @ R150.00 per night per bed.
YOU CAN ALSO BOOK THE HOUSE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONFIGURATIONS:
• Main House Only – sleep 6 to 8 – Price on Request.
• Main House plus one deck room – sleep 8 to 10 – Price on Request.
• If you book the main house only or the main house and the one deck room only your privacy is still assured as the rest will not be booked out to anyone else.
We are Kind to our Environment
At Idwala View we have created an eco-friendly system that is kind to the surrounding environment. We are striving to become one of the most environmentally friendly self-catering lodges in the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve.
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental is also payable and will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE... IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental is also payable and will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE QUOTATION.
• The Departure Clean Fee of R650.00 forms part of the quotation. This is NOT a daily cleaning service. See ADDED EXTRAS for the price of the daily cleaning service.
• A levy of R150.00 per extra person per night will be added if the quote was done for a specified number of guests and more guests are added (maximum capacity 12 guests). This does not equate to adding one of the deck rooms.
• Children are welcome. Young children must be under the supervision of their parents at all times.
• No stag or hen groups.
• No matriculation parties.
• No bachelor parties.
• No pets are allowed under any circumstances.
• Music will not be allowed from 10 pm to 11.30 am.
• Smoking is only allowed in some of the open air areas.
• Parking for all guests is available on site and is free of charge. Strictly no more than 4 cars.
• Free Wi-Fi.
• Free DSTV.
• A Camp/Travel Cot and bedding is available on request.
• As the house is situated in a Nature Reserve, all persons using the house will have to sign an indemnity form which will be emailed on receipt of deposit.
• Please note that baboons, monkeys and various other animals roam freely. Keep all doors and windows securely closed and locked when out, not in sight or when checking out. Failure to do so, resulting in the baboons, monkeys or animals gaining access to the house will result in the loss of the whole breakage deposit as well as being charged for any other damage incurred by the baboons. monkeys or animals.
• A daily cleaning service is available at R340.00 a day.
• A newly converted 11-seater game drive vehicle (purchased Feb 2018) (manual transmission) is available at R950.00 per day. All fuel, flat tyres and call-outs will be for your own account. Driver of the vehicle must be a licensed driver and over the age of 25. The vehicle cannot be taken off the reserve. The vehicle is not allowed on any of the 4x4 routes or difficult routes up the mountains. Failure to adhere to this policy can result in the loss of the full breakage deposit plus being liable for all other costs involved. If the vehicle is rented the breakge deposit will be repaid after 10 working days. If rented, the vehicle is only for the use of the tenants at Idwala View.
• Braai wood is available at R28.00 per bag.
• Heating of swimming pool to 28 degrees C at R340.00 a day. This has to be booked at least 3 days in advance and has to be booked for the entire duration of your stay.
• Late Check-Out (after 10 am) – optional at R600.00.
• 2 Extra Roller Beds and Bedding for children are available at R150.00 per bed per night if needed. see more
Stay between 31 Oct 2018 and 2019/12/31 12:00:00 AM and get 15% off.
- Valid for 10 guests or more
- 5 night min stay (check-in between 31 Oct 2018 and 31 Dec 2019)
Stay between 02 Feb 2019 and 31 Dec 2020 and get 10% off. Valid every Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu. .
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 02 Feb 2019 and 31 Dec 2020)
Stay between 11 May 2019 and 30 Jun 2019 and get 15% off.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 11 May 2019 and 30 Jun 2019)
Idwala View Rooms
Reviews for Idwala View13 guest reviews Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
Idwala View Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling