About Bergsicht Country Town Cottages
Bergsicht Country Town Cottages, located in the historic country town of Tulbagh, just 120 km from Cape Town. This hidden gem offers something for the whole family.
Whether it be for a sleep-over when attending a wedding, or for coming to explore the beautiful valley with all its activities, a stay-over at one of Bergsicht Country Cottages will renew you and your loved ones.
Accommodation is available in two duplex cottages, booked individually to sleep four people each, they can be booked together to accommodate a group of 8 people. Both cottages have a main bedroom on the ground floor fitted with a queen-size bed, while the 2-second bedroom, located upstairs, each has two single beds.
The kitchens are well equipped for self-catering and feature an oven, fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, and cutlery and crockery for four people. There is also a charming living room with a flat-screen TV with basic channels available.
Each unit has braai facilities on a covered veranda, and undercover parking is available behind a security gate. Our town cottages also boast outdoor hot tubs, so you can enjoy a romantic getaway with a private wood fire heated hot tub and full braai facilities at Bergsicht no matter where you stay.
We also have self-catering accommodation available on the farm, please search for Bergsicht Country Farm Cottages.
Golf: Tulbagh is only 28km from Ceres Golf Estate
These terms and conditions as set out on our website, and may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a... These terms and conditions as set out on our website, and may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
Please read our policies, terms & conditions very carefully (see below). It has all the information needed to secure a booking and to ensure an understanding, should a booking be cancelled or postponed. Agreeing to our policies, terms and conditions is as binding as any other form of contract. Please read through and sign at the bottom of the form.
Important Requirements for your stay:
We offer a contactless billing process, check-in and check-out experience to our guests.
To be able to offer this we ask that you take note of the below information. Please don’t ignore it!
Provisional bookings are only kept for 48 hours, after which the system automatically delete it.
Your provisional booking can only be confirmed and secured when we receive:
• DEPOSIT PAYMENT:
Multi-Day Stay: 50% deposit payment secures.
100% payment if you book within 10 days of arrival.
One-night Stay: 100% payment secures. (Minimum Stay T’s & C’s apply)
• FINAL PAYMENT: Any outstanding balances must be paid 7 days before your arrival.
Please email the proof of payment to [email protected]
• PAYMENT AT A DIFFERENT DATE: Please speak to us if you wish to pay later.
If the payment is not received by this determined date the system deletes the provisional booking.
• PAYMENT TYPE: Only EFT/Bank deposit/credit card via Paybridge, NO CASH.
Must email the Proof of Payment to [email protected]
Credit Card: For all credit card payments, an online secure 3D gateway Paybridge is used
(Almost like when you are buying something from an online shop). We do not have access to this system, only you can process a payment via a link as the link is connected to your email and cell phone number.
You can request that we send you a card payment link if you wish to pay via card. There are NO credit card payment facilities on site.
We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
(Credit Card payments have specific requirements, please refer to the section marked Paybridge.)
• PAPERWORK: This Indemnity form with our T’s & C’s: Must read, sign & email to us within 48 hours.
Copy of valid identification: ID / a Passport / a Driver’s License
• ONLINE CHECK-IN: We will send a registration check-in line a day or two before your arrival
• Online Trading Agent (OTA) Reservation: Clients that made a booking via an OTA and successfully paid via Paybridge/CC/Bank Deposit must still sign this form, sign the card transaction (if applicable) and send these back as set out here.
• INVOICE: An invoice will be sent to you. Our bank account details and a payment reference number will appear here. Please use this reference number. If you have booked via an online supplier, we will still send an invoice as proof that payment has been received via the online supplier.
• Please note Bergsicht Country Town Cottages is situated in a residential part of Tulbagh.
Arrival, Departure & Keys Collection
We offer a contactless billing process, check-in and check-out experience to our guests.
• CHECK-IN: You will ONLY be able to check-in from 15:00.
Please understand that this can not be changed due to the time needed for cleaning and sanitising protocols.
• Keys & Directions:
The written directions and key collection instructions for your cottage are sent to you in a WhatsApp.
Please use this, a lot of care has been taken to ensure that you arrive at your destination.
• CHECK OUT:
We request that you vacate your cottage by 10:00 am on the day of departure unless otherwise arranged.
• Midweek (Sundays – Thursdays) One or more nights can be booked
• Weekends: 2 Nights or more can be booked
• Certain dates around school holidays, public holidays and long weekends have special minimum stay requirements varying from 2 to 4 nights
• Children aged between 0 and 1 stay free. Children aged between 2 - 12 pay R200.00.
• Children older than 12 will be charged as adults.
• No children (0 – 18) are allowed at Lady Red or Angelino cottage.
We ask that you please respect the peace & quiet we offer to all our guests.
• No loud noise or music after 22:00. No private functions or parties please.
• Right of admission is reserved only to guests that have booked and are staying at the cottages.
• Please respect others by remaining modestly dressed in swimming costumes when using your hot tub.
• Hot Tub: Use at own risk, Remember that the stove and the chimney are extremely hot while you a firing.
PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH IT! Like with any swimming pool, it can get slippery, please be alert when entering/ exiting the tub.
• Braai & Fireplaces: Please make sure that the embers in the fires are banked/burnt out before you leave it unattended.
Damage and Breakage
• We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. We do however reserve the right to invoice you for any damage or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any period for which it is considered unusable due to damage.
• Due to the very strict water restrictions in place, we ask that you do not use any soap/bubble products in the wood fire heated the hot tub. It reacts with the chlorine and damages the filtration system. It takes 2000 – 3000 litres to drain, clean, flush and refill a tub. Should this happen you will be fined R 2000-00.
• By agreeing to our T’s & C’s, you understand and accept that you will receive an invoice that you will have to settle via EFT or in cash upon departure or after the fact for any damage or breakage.
• Smoking is strictly prohibited in all our cottages. Please respect others by not smoking inside.
• NO cigarette smoking, “hubbly bubblies”, e-cigarettes, vaping or burning of incense sticks are allowed inside accommodation.
• Please make use of the patio areas should you wish to smoke.
• To secure the enjoyment of all our guests we regret no pets allowed.
Kindly take note that Bergsicht Country Cottages, its owners, Hauptfleisch Broers Boerdery / Vrolikheid Farm, its directors, its employees and its successors in title (hereinafter jointly and severally referred to as “Bergsicht”) shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death sustained by any person, that may occur as a result of persons entering and/or staying and utilizing the facilities at our Bergsicht properties.
All activities carried out on the Bergsicht premises are undertaken at your own risk and Bergsicht is indemnified by you against any claims or legal action arising from any of the activities on Bergsicht.
By entering the premises of Bergsicht, you shall be deemed to have waived all rights you may have to pursue any legal proceedings against Bergsicht as a result of any injury, illness, death, expense, loss or other damage, also as a result of the COVID 19 (Corona) virus suffered by yourself and you indemnify Bergsicht from any claims arising from similar rights on behalf of your dependents.
ALL information sent to us is treated with the utmost confidentiality. We will not use any information provided by you for any other purpose other than record-keeping.
I fully understand and agree to abide by all the above terms and conditions and, if applicable, to communicate these terms and conditions to all other members of my group.
Reviews for Bergsicht Country Town Cottages2 guest reviews Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
Bergsicht Country Town Cottages Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling