About One Summer Place
About One Summer Place
One Summer Place is a beautiful self-catering ground floor unit in Shelly Beach. It has direct beach access, which means you get a daily wake-up call from the breaking waves on the beach. The 2-bedroom unit sleeps up to 4 adults and 2 children and is perfect for a romantic getaway, a long weekend break to recharge your batteries or your annual family holiday.All linen is provided but please remember to bring your own towels.The flat screen TV is connected to a full DStv Premium package.Daily service is available on request, but the kitchen is fully equipped
This unit is 50 steps away from the beach. Direct beach access. Situated next to the skiboat club. Excellent fishing area. Deep-sea fishing and diving excursions within 100m.
A variety of golf courses are within a 50km radius. Margate Country Club, San Lameer Golf Estate, Wild Coast Sun Golf Course, Port Shepstone Country Club
Sparkling swimming pool, well manicured lawns and play area for children.
Well kept record of all checked-in guests and their temperatures at time of check in. Signage for prevention of the spread of COVID-19. Hand-sanitiser and anti-bacterial soap dispensers throughout unit.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
1) These Terms and Conditions clarify The Owner's obligations to The Occupant, The Occupant's obligations to The Owner, and in the very unlikely event of any disputes, will be used as the basis for any resolution. Please read them carefully before confirming your booking.
2) Acceptance of these Terms & Conditions binds a contract between the following two parties: The Occupant and The Property Owner
3) A R500 Damage Deposit that will be refunded after the guest have checked out and our cleaning crew can confirm that nothing was broken or damaged.
4) Check Out time is strictly before 09h00 and Check In time after 14h00, unless other arrangements are made for low season dates.
5) Party Members: The Occupant must be over 21 years of age and must be present for the full time of occupying the unit. The Occupant will assume full responsibility for all guests that occupy the unit within the duration of their stay. The Occupant and the party members will abide by all rules set by the Body Corporate and The Property Owner. All rules will be in the Information Guide in the unit upon arrival.
6) Payments: The reservation will be confirmed by The Owner once the application has been approved and initial or full payment has been processed.
a) If the reservation is made 30 days or more before the arrival date, an initial non-refundable deposit payment of 50% of the rental fee will be due at the time of booking and the full payment must be settled 14 days prior to arrival.
b) No reservation will commence without full payment being cleared. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the deposit will be forfeited.
7) Cancellation Policy & Changing a Booking: Once a reservation has been accepted and confirmed, a cancellation can only be made in accordance with the terms below, apart from the non-refundable 50% deposit:
a) Cancellations 4-7 weeks from occupation date, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
b) Cancellations 0 -3 weeks from occupation date, 0% of the deposit will be refunded.4. Occupancy of the Property
8) Regardless of the published maximum number of persons a property can accommodate, the number of guests occupying ONE Summer Place is strictly limited to the number of guests stated on the booking or any subsequent amendment notified in writing to The Owner. The stated and agreed occupancy figure includes all persons irrespective of age, day and overnight guests.
Exceeding the number of stated and agreed persons will result in immediate eviction without refund. The use of blow-up mattresses or any other form of non-fixed sleeping units is strictly prohibited.
9) Condition of the Property: ONE Summer Place will have been inspected prior to occupation and therefore The Occupant undertakes to:
a) Notify The Owner immediately with regard to any damage and/or maintenance issues that require attention.
b) Keep the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings, chattels and effects in or about the property in the same state of repair and condition as found at arrival.
c) The Occupant shall follow the departure instructions provided by The Owner.
d) The Occupant shall leave the property in the same state of general order in which it was found. Failure to do so to the satisfaction of The Owner will result in a damage/cleaning charge being levied.
10) Pets: Pets are strictly prohibited at this property. Any evidence of pet occupation will result in a forfeit of the damage deposit in its entirety. The Owner accepts no responsibility for any allergic reaction or other conditions arising from occupancy of the property. The designation of “No Pets” does not indicate there have not been pets at the property at some time.
11) Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in or around the immediate vicinity of the property. Please use allocated smoking areas as per Information File that is allocated in the unit.
12) Equipment and Facilities Provided: Equipment and Facilities are provided at the discretion of The Owner and whilst every attempt is made to ensure that such equipment is in working order for the duration of the occupied period, should a break-down or some other situation occur that renders non-essential element unusable, the owner does not take any responsibility for replacing or refunding the occupant for the lack of use of these equipment and facilities. The equipment and facilities referred to includes (but is not exclusive to) motors, televisions, VCRs/DVDs and all other electrical appliances.
13) The Occupant must report any inoperative or defective equipment to The Owner promptly! The Owner will make every reasonable effort to have repairs made as soon as possible. While every attempt will be made to ensure that all the advertised equipment and appliances are in working order at the commencement of a rental period, no reduction of rent; rebate; or refund will be issued for a mechanical failure of the TV or other appliances.
14) The Occupant must also ensure to keep the Laundry Facilities, provided by the Body Corporate of Summer Place, in the same state of repair and condition as found on arrival. The Owner will not be held liable or take responsibility for the lack of use of the Laundry Facilities.
15) Refunds: If a breakdown should occur to fundamental elements such as water systems, plumbing and electrical systems, and major appliances such as stove or refrigerator, every effort will be made to repair or replace, or an appropriate refund will be made for the inconvenience caused. This does not apply to system breakdown caused by misuse, such as plumbing blockages caused by inappropriate use of sanitary facilities.
16) The Owner is not liable, nor will provide a refund, for any stoppage of electrical services caused by extreme weather or other circumstances beyond his control (e.g. Load Shedding). Similarly, there will be no refunds for inclement weather, changes in water levels, conditions at neighboring properties, or any nuisance afforded by the natural elements of the location such as flying insects or the animal population.
17) Other Conditions of Booking: The Occupant shall abide by these Terms and Conditions of Rental and any other instructions contained in the individual Information Guide and any additional information and instructions as shall be supplied in the Property or by The Owner.
18) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Occupant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees with The Owner that he/she will use the Property and its facilities in accordance with The Terms and Conditions above and the Information provided and that he/she does so at his/her own risk and that he/she indemnifies and saves The Owner harmless from any personal injury, sickness or death, loss or damage, however caused, to person or property of The Occupant, his/her family, or guests, before, during or after the time of occupancy. Further, he/she accepts full responsibility for the use of the Property and any recreational areas and agree to pay for any damage of said equipment, other than for normal wear and tear. The Renter further acknowledges he/she is responsible for ensuring all Boating and Trailer parking rules are abided to as per Body Corporate rules.
19) FORCE MAJEURE CLAUSE: The Owner(s) of ONE Summer Place shall not be held responsible for any circumstances beyond the control of ONE Summer Place including, without limitation, acts of God, acts of Government, wars, riots, strikes, or other labour stoppages or shortages or other causes beyond the control of The Owner(s).
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Satellite TV*
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- 24H. Check In
- 24H. Security
- Double bed
- Iron and board
- Non smoking rooms
- Pets Not Allowed
- Special offers
- Covid Safety Approved
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling