About TangleWood Nature Estate
TangleWood Nature Estate is nestled along the Boskop Dam just outside of Potchefstroom. Offering a variety of self-catering camping options, this is the ideal getaway for campers, anglers, and groups. Whether for a refreshing holiday outdoors with family and friends, or for your next special event, TangleWood Nature estate is a fantastic choice.
Accommodation includes 28 tents with options ranging from our "All Inclusive" package consisting of a Gemsbok canvas bow tent equipped with two 3/4 beds, camping chairs, rustic table, led lamp, towels and 300TC percale bed linen, a budget option with stretchers, mattresses and chairs or you can just rent a tent. In addition, we have a designated camping area where you can pitch your own tent or caravan. Rest and relaxation are the order of the day.
An on-site pub offers various refreshments and a big screen TV. We also stock braai wood, charcoal, firelighters, snacks, and a few other emergency items which are available during our bar opening hours. The estate's events venue can accommodate up to 300 guests. Smaller gatherings can be held on the charming undercover veranda, and we have a large lawn area located at the waters edge which is suitable for large outdoor events.
Guests can choose between various on-site activities, such as angling, kayaking, beach volley ball, bird watching, one warm water pool and cold water kiddies pool.
Wedding Venues: TangleWood Nature Estate accommodates weekend weddings when booked in combination with our tents and provides catering and bar facilities with the option to rent decor at reasonable rates.
Conference Venues: The estate's events venue can accommodate up to 300 guests. Smaller gatherings can be held on the charming undercover veranda, and we have a large lawn area located at the waters edge which is suitable for large outdoor events & weddings.
Find attached further information that will help you plan for your next trip to TangleWood. We wish you a pleasant stay and if you have any additional questions, please contact our booking office.
1 Luxury Tent: 30m2 tent with king size bed with 400TC percale bed linen, indoor & outdoor shower, toilet,... Find attached further information that will help you plan for your next trip to TangleWood. We wish you a pleasant stay and if you have any additional questions, please contact our booking office.
1 Luxury Tent: 30m2 tent with king size bed with 400TC percale bed linen, indoor & outdoor shower, toilet, kitchenette including microwave and ground coffee machine, fridge/freezer, small lounge with indoor fireplace, private deck, and gas braai. Self-Catering. Maximum 2 adults only. Regret no children, including babies allowed.
11 All Inclusive Tents: 3m x 3m canvas dome tent, two ¾ beds / queen/ double bed, 200TC percale bed linen, 2 towels, 2 camping chairs, one rustic table & led lamp. Rate valid for 2 persons and 1 vehicle. A maximum of 2 persons only (inclusive children). No exceptions. Use shared campsite ablution.
10 Budget Tents; 3m x 3m canvas dome tent, 2 camping stretchers with mattresses & 2 camping chairs. Rate valid for 2 persons and 1 vehicle. A maximum of 2 adults only. 2 children below 12 @ R30 extra per child per night allowed. Use shared campsite ablution.
8 Rent a Tents: 3m x 3m empty canvas dome tent only. Client is responsible to supply all own camping equipment, bedding etc. Rate is valid for 2 persons and 1 vehicle. A maximum of 2 adults only. 2 children below 12 @ R30 extra per child per night allowed. Use shared campsite ablution.
12 Camping Stands: 10 x 10m stand for own camping. All stands have power. Rate valid for 2 adults, 1 tent or caravan and 1 vehicle per night. Additional adults charged @ R60 per night & children < 12 years @ R30 per night. Maximum of 4 persons per stand, inclusive children. Use shared campsite ablution.
A minimum 3 night stay will apply during the following peak periods. The 3 night minimum stay requirement will fall away seven (7) days before, and clients then have the option to make one and two night bookings.
2018-12-14 and 2019-01-06
2019-04-19 and 2019-04-22
2019-09-20 and 2019-09-30
2019-12-17 and 2020-01-02
*** One Night Only Booking Surcharge
A R100 surcharge is payable per tent/stand (NOT per booking) for one night only bookings over weekends and holidays. The surcharge is NOT included in our standard rates and must be added as an extra charge during your NightsBridge booking.
Special Offers & Discounted Rates
- Our discounted rates are only available for direct NightsBridge bookings and do not apply to bookings via 3rd party booking agents.
- Discounted rates are not valid over long weekends and during school holidays.
- All our standard quoted rates are valid for 2 persons only.
5 Night Mid-Week Special:
50% discount is offered for 5 night stays, with arrival on Sunday afternoon & departure by 10am Friday morning.
Long Stay Discount:
30% discount is offered on stays exceeding 7 nights (excluding long weekends, holidays etc.)
50% discount is offered on stays of 2 nights or longer during June & July.
Additional Charges: Persons & Vehicles
Free: Children: 0 – 12 Months
R30: Children: 1 - 12 Years
R60: Children: > 12 Years
R60: Adults & Pensioners
R30: Additional Vehicles (Camping rate includes entrance for one vehicle)
Booking & Payments
- Proof of deposit must be sent within two (2) days of booking. Full outstanding balance due at check in.
- Bookings are automatically cancelled if no proof of deposit is received within two (2) days.
- One night only bookings require a 100% pre-payment.
- Please email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. You booking will be confirmed after your payment reflects in the account.
Check In & Check Out Times
- Check In: From 14h00 until Gates Close (7pm Tues – Thurs: 9pm on Fri & Sat). Arrangements need to be made in advance to check-in after close of gates.
- Check Out is 10h00. Campers are welcome to remain as day visitors once they have checked out of their tent/stand - without any additional charge.
Stands, Water & Electricity:
Camping only allowed in your designated stand and vehicles may not be parked in front of the water. Customers will be allocated to a specific tent / stand after the booking is confirmed. Please let us know in advance if you have any preferred stand, and we will try and accommodate your request subject to availability. Fishing from the camping stand is NOT possible.
Stands 1 – 6:
These stands are located closest to the jetty, have power & shared cold water taps. Suitable for customers who get up early due to proximity to jetty which gets busy from 5am on weekends. Fishing from your stand is not possible.
Stands 7 – 35:
All stands & tents have access to an electrical plug and we recommend you bring a 20 - 30m extension cable to be safe. Cold water taps are shared. Stands are located between 50m - 100m away from the water.
From January 2019, only perforated ground sheets will be allowed on our campsite. This is necessary to avoid further damage to our grass stands.
Lost /Damaged Camping Equipment
- Customers are responsible to ensure all TangleWood camping equipment is checked back in by on-duty staff before your departure.
- Customers will be held liable for the replacement cost of damaged or lost camping equipment.
Music & Noise
- We offer a low noise campsite. NO music is allowed, including via car radio, cell phone or any other musical instrument. Our campsite is not suitable for bachelor and other noisy parties. No exception allowed unless campsite is fully booked for exclusive use.
- Please be considerate to your camping neighbour, and refrain from rowdy behaviour after 22h00.
- Person making the group booking is liable for the whole group, including payment, and must advise the group of TangleWood T&C’s.
- Client details for each tent & stand will need to be provided latest 3 days before arrival.
- Group bookings must be paid in full 24 hours before arrival. No clients will not be allowed to check in until the full balance of the group booking has been settled.
- Customers are located dependent on the selected camping option & tents may not be moved.
- Please contact us in advance regarding any special arrangements. Day visitors will not be allowed onto the campsite without prior written agreement.
Smoking & Fires
- Smoking is NOT allowed in any of our tents or buildings. Including the bathrooms.
- Fires are only allowed in the designated braai’s. Please refrain from throwing hot ash on the grass.
- Fires must be kept a safe distance away from tents and must be extinguished before bed, as we experience very strong winds coming from over the dam.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept leashed at all times. You are required to clean up after your own pet.
- Ensure your pet does not pose a threat or become a nuisance, which includes constant barking.
- Dogs are not allowed in our tents or buildings, on our furniture, in the beach volley ball court or in the swimming pool.
- TangleWood reserves the right to request you remove your pet from the property if deemed necessary.
- TangleWood is a privately-owned property and right of admission is reserved.
- Speed limit of 15km on the property.
- No glass, soap, shampoo, or any other detergents are allowed in the pool or dam, and proper swimming attire is required.
- No pellet guns, air guns, archery, blow pipes, fireworks or quad bikes allowed.
- Please use the dustbins for all your garbage. No littering in or outside the camping area or at the pools – including cigarette butts and bottle tops.
- Generators are not allowed.
Liability & Damages
Persons entering the property do so entirely at their own risk. TangleWood will accept no liability or responsibility for the death of, harm or injury to any person (including a claim for loss of support), or for the loss (including pure economic loss) or destruction of or damage/s to any property or possessions from any cause whatsoever and howsoever arising.
TangleWood will not be liable for any failure to provide (or delay in providing), facilities or services because of events outside of our control.
TangleWood reserves the right to hold a guest liable for any loss or damage to property, fixtures, and fittings, including for items hired for their use and guests may also be held liable for injury to any person arising from the guest’s actions.
Vandalism, drunken or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and guests will be asked to leave.
We offer hot showers and flush toilets and our ablutions are cleaned regularly between 7am – 7pm during weekday’s (Tuesday to Thursday), and 5am - 9pm on weekends. Please notify the on-duty Manager if you experience any issues with the bathrooms.
Men: 4 showers, 3 toilets, 3 basins & 2 urinals
Ladies: 3 showers, 1 bath, 3 basins & 3 toilets
Campers Wash-Up Area & Communal Fridge/Freezer
Campers have the use of an undercover washing up facility with stainless steel sinks, hot water, and a communal fridge/freezer. Please don’t forget to bring along all your own cooking, eating utensils and cleaning aids to self-cook and clean. We kindly request that you do not ask our staff to do your washing up.
We have 40 small rim & skottle braais’ (suitable for 2- 3 persons each) and a few 1/2 drum braai’s suitable for larger groups. All braais have grids.
The TangleWood bar is open for campers and day visitors during our standard bar opening hours. We also have a Big Screen suitable for sport viewing. We stock wood, charcoal, firelighters, ice and a few other emergency items.
Please do NOT bring own beverages into our Bar & Venue, and the Bar & Lounge will not be available to campers / public during a private event.
We have cold & dry winters & hot & rainy summers. The temperature drops significantly after sundown, even during the summer months, and you should bring suitable clothing & bedding to stay warm during the night.
TangleWood has a venue suitable for formal and informal functions, conferences & outdoor weddings. Please contact us for more details.
Camping Equipment Rental
No Pre-Booking of camping equipment is possible, and rental is subject to availability on arrival.
R50 Bed Linen (1 Sheet, 1 Duvet & 1 Pillow)
R50 Bushtec Camping Stretcher
R20 Bushtec Camping Mattress
R40 Bushtec Camping Chair
R40 Rustic Wooden Table
R30 LED Lamp
R30 Extension Cable 20m
R10 White Plastic Chair
* * *
Boskop Dam is best known to bass anglers; however, the dam also holds carp, barbell, yellow fish, and mudfish and host several fishing competitions throughout the year. Bank angling from TangleWood is not recommended due to water grass. We recommend you use a boat/kayak/inflatable to fish this dam. No refunds are given to customers unhappy with fishing conditions.
The children’s outdoor cold-water pool is approximately one (1) meter deep with two small slides. The pool is not fenced off and we do NOT have a lifeguard on duty. Parents are responsible for the safety of their kids.
Campers Only Warm Water Pool
Our campers warm water pool (5m x 6m) is located at the back of the new campsite for campers only. The pool is NOT fenced off from the Campsite and we do not have a lifeguard on duty. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children. The water temperature is generally around 31 degrees however rain does impact the water temperature as the pool is not covered.
Kiddies Play Ground & Trampoline
The children’s playground area, which is located next to the venue, includes a trampoline and wooden jungle gym and is an endless source of fun for our younger guests. The jungle gym Is not suitable for children over 12 years of age, and parents are responsible to take care of their children.
Our beach volleyball court is available for our more active guests or alternatively can be used as a sandpit. The beach volley ball can be collected from the on-duty manager, and a R50 deposit is payable which is refunded on return of the ball.
The pool table is situated in the bar area and equipment can be obtained from the barmen during our bar opening hours at a cost of R25. A refundable deposit of R25 is also payable.
Table Tennis, Darts, Badminton, Soccer
Dart board with darts, badminton set, table tennis and soccer goals available free of use by our guests. All equipment is stored in our venue and needs to be requested from the on duty Manage. A refundable deposit is required.
There are no established cycling trials, however you are welcome to bring along your own bicycle.
TangleWood Nature Estate has 5 kayaks (3 Fluid Locomotion Kayaks and another 2 single kayaks) for rent. The Locomotion Kayaks are single seater kayaks that can be joined / interlocked. Kayaks can be hired from 8am and must be returned no later than 5:00pm. We provide per Rental: 1 Kayak, 1 Seat, 1 Paddle, 1 Life Vest (PFD), Tow Line, DWS Surface Map and Basic Instructions if required. Please see our Kayak Rental T&C’s regarding rentals to children.
R30: Vessels < 15HP incl. kayaks, wind surfers, inflatables, kick-boats etc.
R70: Vessels > 15HP
Water Use Rules
Boskop Dam is a government owned dam and provides drinking water to Potchefstroom residents. Please adhere to the following rules when using Boskop Dam. Non-compliance may result in you being requested to leave the water & future access to the dam refused.
Skippers License & Certificate of Fitness (COF) must be presented on arrival (as and when required by law)
Boats will NOT be allowed to launch without the required documents.
All safety requirements must be adhered to (life jackets etc.)
On & Off Water
Boats are only allowed to be launched from the jetty and must be OFF the water before dark.
A UPN may be activated if you do not return before dark, and any associated cost will be for your account.
Wash your boat before & after leaving the water.
Kick-boats & yachts have right of way and courtesy between boats must be adhered to.
Boats may only travel on the water at IDLE speed. Engage gear – NO acceleration & NO Speeding allowed!
No entry into buoyed-off or “No Go” zones, including the Dam Wall as per Boskop Dam Surface map.
Customers who disregard the rules will be banned from launching from TangleWood.
Children <17 years
Children are required to wear a life jacket on the water and may not operate a boat unless accompanied by an adult.
* * *
TangleWood Nature Estate is located on the banks of the Boskop Dam. Travel approximately 12km's north out of Potchefstroom on the R501 in the direction of Carletonville. Turn left at our signboard and travel 500m straight down the dirt road. Take care of speed bumps. GPS Co-Ordinates: -26.561792, 27.123649
Reviews for TangleWood Nature Estate19 guest reviews Reviews of
3.5 out of 5 stars
TangleWood Nature Estate Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling