About Sea Otters Lodge
Sea Otters Lodge is situated on the beachfront in Kini Bay, Port Elizabeth, Nelson Mandela Bay, Eastern Cape and offers award winning sea- and beachfront accommodation with sea facing rooms, direct access onto the beach as well as onsite parking behind access controlled gate.
Sea Otters Lodge is not a self-catering establishment, there are a dining / lounge area and a kitchenette with a microwave oven, fridge/freezer and a prep bowl available on each floor level as well as on-site braai facilities for exclusive use of guests staying at Sea Otters Lodge. Crockery and cutlery available on prior request.
All rooms are equipped with C-19 Room Guard, DStv Stay Essential Package, tea/coffee tray, fan, free limited WiFi, etc.
Accommodation is booked per person per night sleeping up to a maximum of 2 adults per room - 1 x Single sleeper couch in room for 1 x Child U/13 available at an additional extra cost per night, and only made available in rooms situated on the Ground floor level.
Served breakfast available as an optional extra from R 100 each
Pre-book at least 1 day in advance before 2 pm, if required
Breakfast consist of - Cooked breakfast + Coffee or Tea + Toast + Glass of fruit juice
Cooked breakfast consists of - Three Back Bacon, Cheese Vienna, Two Eggs, Baked Beans and Half Tomato
Vegetarian / Halaal option available by prior request only
Served set dinner available as an optional extra from R 195 each
Pre-book at least 2 days in advance before 2 pm, if required
Subject to availability Monday - Thursday only excluding Public Holidays, Weekends and 15 & 24 & 31 December
The lodge also offers a function / wedding / party venue up to a maximum of 60 persons / conference facilities up to a maximum of 30 persons per event with various delectable buffet packages/menus to choose from.
Sea Otters Lodge is ideal for guests to explore the surrounding area while hiking or horse riding. Walk from the lodge onto the beach and experience peace and tranquility.
Sea Otters Lodge is fully licensed and also offers an honesty bar to overnight guests by prior arrangement and agreement, subject that there is no private event / function being held in the venue area.
There are various restaurants nearby and a Spar and Pub 3 km away.
Beach: Situated on the beachfront in Kini Bay. All rooms sea facing with sea view. Direct access onto the beach from Sea Otters Lodge.
Wedding Venues: Sea Otters Lodge is a place like none other. Its blissful surroundings and beautiful settings make it the ideal place for social gatherings, be it birthdays, anniversaries, conferences, functions or weddings up to a maximum of 60 persons.
Conference Venues: Sea Otters Lodge also caters for business conferences, with various packages available. Up to a maximum of 30 conference delegates.
Family friendly: There is a small swimming beach in front of the guest house.
Romantic: Situated away from the daily hustle and bustle of life. Situated on the beachfront. Enjoy the sunset over the ocean.
Covid Safety Approved: We pledge to implement a high standard of hygiene and cleaning protocols to ensure the safest environment possible for our guests. We adhere to the industry safety protocols set out by the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA).
The consumer protection act require from us to provide all prospective guests with our policies, terms and conditions – All the policies, terms and conditions below are deemed as read and accepted on booking confirmation.
* Not included in the room rates SQ
* Must be pre-booked at least 1 day in advance before 2... The consumer protection act require from us to provide all prospective guests with our policies, terms and conditions – All the policies, terms and conditions below are deemed as read and accepted on booking confirmation.
* Not included in the room rates SQ
* Must be pre-booked at least 1 day in advance before 2 pm, if required
* We serve a breakfast consisting of - Coffee or Tea, Cooked breakfast, Toast and a glass of Fruit Juice
* It is the responsibility of the guest to provide us of any dietary requirements i.e. Halaal / Vegetarian on booking, in order for us to source produce
BREAKFAST SEATING TIMES
* Breakfast will only be prepared and served after the earliest seating time available
* Seating Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and from 15 December to 10 January: From 8 – 10 am
* Seating Monday – Friday: From 7 – 9:30 am unless otherwise noted
* Pay the non-refundable deposit due at your earliest convenience to confirm your booking
* Bookings 31 days or less before date of initial arrival and/or 1 night only bookings are payable in full (100%)
* Only persons quoted and paid for may share the accommodation booked
* We work on a 1st pay 1st serve basis
* We regret no accommodation booking will be secured unless we have received the minimum non-refundable deposit payment due
* Guest is responsible for all international transfer costs; no such cost shall accrue to us
* Balance (if any) of booking is payable at least 30 days prior to day of arrival
MINIMUM STAY AND PEAK SEASON PERIODS
* Minimum stay required is 1 night unless otherwise noted
* Minimum stay required during Long Weekends and big sport events in Port Elizabeth is 2 consecutive nights
* Summer School Holidays: Minimum stay required from 15 December – 10 January is 3 consecutive nights
* Right of admission stay reserved at all times
* Maximum 2 adults will be allowed to share a room
* Accommodation is booked per person per night
* Only persons quoted and paid for may share the accommodation booked
* Additional person in room not paid for will be charged / invoiced for accordingly
* 1 x Child U/13 sharing with 2 x adults/others on a single sleeper couch in the same room additional extra per night at 50% of room sharing rate per night SQ
* Children U/3 stay free per night, a sleeping cot in the same room
* Children staying in their own room: Full applicable room rate apply
SINGLE SLEEPER COUCH (IF APPLICABLE)
* Any person 13 years of age and older making use of this facility does so entirely at their own risk
* Maximum 1 x single sleeper couch allowed in a room, and only in rooms situated on the Ground floor level
* Recommended for a child U/13 only
* Only available when booked at from SQ extra per night
ARRIVAL / CHECK IN
* From 2 – 7:30 pm
* Check in close at 8 pm
* It is advisable to check in before 8 pm at your earliest convenience as there is no staff on duty from 8 pm
* Late check in only allowed by prior arrangement and confirmation and a late check in fee will apply
EARLY CHECK IN
* Subject to no other guests checking out of the room booked, on the same day and prior arrangement has been made and confirmed
* Early check in will only be allowed from 12 pm and only if the room is clean and ready for occupation
ROOM DEPARTURE / CHECK OUT
* By 10 am
* No late room departures will be allowed after 10:30 am
* Late room check out fees applicable for late room departures from 10:31 onwards, from 25% - 100% of daily room rate
* Dinner is not included in the room rates
* No dinners from Friday – Sunday, Public Holidays and 24 & 31 December, unless otherwise agreed upon
* Dinner is available as an optional extra per person per set dinner: SQ
* Dinner must be pre-booked at least 2 days in advance, if required
* Dinner is served from 6 pm – 7 pm
TAKE-AWAY LUNCH PACK
* Take-Away lunch pack is not included in the room rates
* Available as an optional extra, by prior request and booking only: SQ
* Take-Away lunch pack must be pre-booked at least 2 days in advance, if required
* Free limited Wi-Fi is provided to overnight guests
* Fair usage applicable
* Should we find that guests are abusing the fair usage policy we will charge a fee of R 75 per 1 GB or part thereof for Wi-Fi usage
* Selected refreshments available upon prior request & confirmation only SQ
BRAAI FACILITIES POLICY
* Should we host a private function / wedding / conference the braai facilities in front of the venue will unfortunately not be made available until the end of the event
* Guest to supply own food, wood / briquettes / charcoal and fire lighters
* Only available by prior arrangement and confirmation
* We regret that no smoking is allowed inside the Guest House and bedrooms
* Smokers are more than welcome to smoke in the outside areas and Gazebo of the Guest House at least 5 meters away from any door opening
* Should a guest not abide by these above terms the guest will unfortunately be held liable to an R 500 room refreshing fee payable for additional cleaning and freshening of the room
VISITORS OF GUESTS POLICY
* Regretfully no visitors allowed while Coronavirus pandemic state of disaster stays in effect
* We allow visitors onto the property by prior arrangement and confirmation only: Visitors must sign in and proof of identification is required
* Visitors are not allowed in the bedrooms and/or to sleep over, should guests and/or their visitors not abide by this term the guest will be charged / invoiced for the additional guest(s) in the room from date of initial arrival until date of initial departure on the original booking made
* We reserve the right at our sole discretion to set a maximum number of visitors allowed per visit
* Visitors are not allowed to make use of any onsite braai facilities, be catered for and/or be invited for a braai by guests staying at Sea Otters Lodge; these facilities are for the exclusive use of guests staying at Sea Otters Lodge
* Guests are welcome to request a quote from Sea Otters Lodge in order to cater for them and their visitors, should the need arise
CREDIT CARD POLICY
* We do not accept or do any third party payments
* We do accept credit cards at the premises
OVER-PAYMENT / EXCESS PAYMENT POLICY
* Should a guest make an over-payment into our account, pay more than the required full booking value; the guest will only be refunded the balance once the payment / funds has cleared into our account and is readily available for withdrawal
* We would require the following information in order to proceed with the refund: (1) Certified Proof of Identification, (2) Proof of residence and (3) Proof of bank account from your financial institution – All 3 (three) must not be older than 3 months respectively
ANIMAL / PET POLICY
* Regretfully we do not allow any animals/pets inside the Guest House and/or bedrooms
TIP / GRATITUDE POLICY
* A tip / gratitude is not compulsory
* Guests are more than welcome to tip an employee should they feel like it
* The tip / gratitude amount is totally up to the guest’s sole/own discretion
* Please do not tip in a foreign currency as it is not possible for our employees to exchange foreign currency
* Employees are not allowed to ask for a tip / gratitude as this is against our company policy
* You are welcome to give the tip to Pierre Kolesky or Annamarie Kolesky to be shared equally between the employees
Reviews for Sea Otters Lodge17 guest reviews Reviews of
4.5 out of 5 stars
Sea Otters Lodge Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling