Sani Pass Tours
About Sani Pass Tours
Being the most established tour operator of the Kwa-Sani district, Lesotho, as well as the treacherous pass into Lesotho, Sani Pass Tours offers a variety of Lesotho tours, the day trip up Sani Pass being the most popular by far. The vehicles are all kept in top-notch condition, and extreme measures are taken to ensure the comfort of the customer, as the road up the pass can be rather bumpy at times. Join us on our 4x4 Sani Pass and Lesotho Tours.
Mokhotlong Day Tour
* Depart from our office at 08h00 (or collection on route, if applicable) in a four wheel drive vehicle.
* We head up the Sani Pass, stopping at breath-taking view sites and the two border posts.
* Once we reach the summit we stop for tea at Sani Top Chalet ( the highest pub in Africa).
* We then head up Black Mountain for a short walk to view Thabana Ntlenyana (the highest peak in Southern Africa).
* We then head down through the beautiful Sehonghong Valley into the remote trading town called Mokhotlong (once know as the most remote outpost under the British Empire).
* We have lunch and view the rare Spiral Aloe (Lesotho’s National plant), we'll have a look at the old buildings and also get to see how the Basotho folk trade.
* We then head back to Sani Top for afternoon tea and a toilet stop before we head back down the Sani Pass to arrive in Underberg around 18.00 pm.
* The guided 4X4 tour
* Entrance and Toll Fees
Sani Pass Day Tour
We meet at our office in the Trout Walk Centre at 09.00 am, alternatively we can pick you up from your B&B or Hotel.
* The Tour departs at 09.30 am and takes approximately 2.5 hours to reach the summit, climbing a grand 2874 metres above sea level! Stopping at breath taking view sites along the Sani Pass and the two border posts i.e. The South African Border Control and Lesotho Border Control.
* Once at the Top of the Sani Pass - we enjoy lunch at the highest Pub in Africa - The Sani Mountain Lodge. Lunch varies from R65 - R145 per person depending on your preference from the menu.
After lunch the Tour continues into a living Basotho village, where our experienced mountain guide will interest you on Lesotho and its people - the hardy mountainous Basotho folk. Traditional beer and homemade bread offered on request.
We wind down the Sani Pass after this cultural experience and arrive back in Underberg between 16h00- 16h30 depending on the wildlife spotted along the way.
* Pick Up within a 5pm radius of the Sani Pass Tours Office
* Guided 4x4 trip up the Sani Pass.
* Lesotho Tourism Levy
Sani Top Overnight Tour
* We meet at our office at 09.00 am in Underberg, alternatively we can pick you up from your B&B or Hotel at an additional charge.
* The tour departs at 09.30 am and takes approximately 2.5 hours to reach the summit, climbing a grand 2874 meters above sea level. Stopping at breath taking view sites and the border posts.
* Once at the top we visit a living Basotho Village, where our experienced mountain guide will interest you in Lesotho and the hardy mountainous Basotho folk.
* After this interesting cultural experience we drive back to Sani Mountain Lodge (the highest pub in Africa) for lunch (at own cost).
* We then book you in at Sani Mountain Lodge for dinner, bed and breakfast.
* Should you wish to horse ride or go on a guided walk in the mountains in the afternoon or on the following morning, Sani Mountain Lodge will make all the necessary arrangements for you.
* We meet you at Sani Mountain Lodge at around 13.30 pm, have lunch (at own cost).
* Then head back down the famous Sani Pass to be back in Underberg around 16.30 pm.
* 4X4 guided tour up and down the Sani Pass.
* Lesotho Tourism Levy
Valid Passports Essential. Please check Visa requirements for your Nationality. Please note that a R20 tourism levy has been included into your rate which will be paid to the local village on your behalf, enforced by the Lesotho Tourism as at 01 October 2016.
Sani Pass Tours Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Himeville
(5.9 km from Himeville)
Have a blast in the foothills of the Southern Drakensberg. Situated 4 km from the country village of Underberg, Sani Spoors is the ideal mountain biking and trail running venue. The diverse trails range from single track through pine forests to...
(5.2 km from Himeville)
The five-day Giant's Cup Trail is one of the easier hiking trails in the Drakensberg. The best time to do it is in during spring or autumn when the weather is milder. Winters can be extremely cold and it often snows. Overnight accommodation is in...
(5.3 km from Himeville)
The Underberg Studio is situated in the scenic village of Underberg in the southern Drakensberg. Owned by fine art photographer and ceramicist Lawrance and Catherine Brennon, the working pottery studio and gallery houses their work as well as...
(5.3 km from Himeville)
The Funky Cow is a quaint, eclectic little shop rooted in Underberg opposite the local Spar. Its well worth a visit as it sells gorgeous traditional Basotho blankets (since they’re on the border of Lesotho and the famous Sani Pass). You’ll also find...