About River's Edge
Rivers Edge is a lovely riverfront self-catering cottage ideally located in Stanford. Stanford is an unspoilt village in the Cape Overberg and features an assortment of Cape Victorian and Edwardian architecture, quaint country lanes and an overall atmosphere of natural calm.
Pristine yet laid-back, this heritage enclave is the perfect balm for families needing to escape the city crush. At its heart is River’s Edge, a delightful double-storey home thoughtfully equipped with every modern convenience while still retaining its old-world charm.
Lush lawns lead down to the pristine Klein River where you can swim, boat or kayak; or simply laze on the banks admiring the natural splendour, or simply relax at the pool. Take a slow, scenic cycle through the village, and make a point of visiting the Saturday morning market for scrumptious homemade goodies. Stanford is fast becoming a culinary hotspot, boasting award-winning bistros, hotel pubs, vineyards, a cheese maker and micro-brewery.
The cottage can accommodate up to a maximum of eight guests and comprises three double bedrooms, two of which are en-suite, one double bunk room, three bathrooms, an open-plan kitchen, lounge and dining room, an upstairs veranda and a patio with dining furniture.
The kitchen includes a scullery with a washing machine and a dishwasher, and the cosy lounge offers a log-burning fireplace. The French doors lead to a covered patio area. The house is fully alarmed and includes a Bose iPod docking station.
Stay between 19 Oct 2018 and 30 Nov 2018 and get 20% off.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 19 Oct 2018 and 30 Nov 2018)
1. BOOKING CONFIRMATION:
The deposit is required to secure the booking. The reservation will be held for 48 hours pending receipt of deposit. Should proof of payment not be received the reservation will be cancelled. The full balance owing is due one month prior to arrival. Should you fail to pay the balance on time, we reserve the right... 1. BOOKING CONFIRMATION:
The deposit is required to secure the booking. The reservation will be held for 48 hours pending receipt of deposit. Should proof of payment not be received the reservation will be cancelled. The full balance owing is due one month prior to arrival. Should you fail to pay the balance on time, we reserve the right to release the booking and our cancellation terms will apply. Keys will not be handed over unless payment has been made in full.
2. DAMAGES / BREAKAGES / SHORTAGES:
• Inventories should be checked on arrival. Any major discrepancies are to be reported within 12 hours after arrival. If no shortages/breakages are reported, the contents of the house will be regarded as correct, and the guests will be liable for any shortages / breakages on vacating the premises.
• Should Cape Villa Rental suffer any loss or damage as a result of an act or omission by a guest or visitor of a guest, the guest will remain liable for full reimbursement of such loss or damage incurred and will be billed accordingly.
• Sub-letting is strictly prohibited, unless arranged by the Agent/Owner.
• The house is let strictly on the number of beds available. We reserve the right to charge for extra guests should the number of your party exceed the agreed rental details.
• No pets are allowed without written permission from the Agent/Owner.
• The house is not to be used for parties or events.
The premises must be vacated not later than 10h00 on the day of departure, and can only be occupied from 14h00 on the day of arrival, unless arranged differently by the Agent/Owner. We offer a key-safe access facility for easy check-in and check-out.
On departure ensure:
• the property is left the way it was found at arrival (NB: Refuse info for South Winds)
• all windows, security gates and doors are closed and securely locked;
• alarm system is activated
• Keys are safely secured in the Key Safe.
5. SAFETY AND SECURITY (INDEMNITY):
• Please be aware of security at all times.
• Please ensure that the alarm is activated each time you leave the property.
• Key Safe: The relevant instructions will be sent closer to your arrival.
Whilst every care has been taken by Cape Villa Rental to ensure the safety of guests and their possessions, Cape Villa Rental and the owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. Cape Villa Rental at all times reserves the full right of admission and accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may result from the legal and reasonable exercising of such rights. In such an eventuality no refunds will be made. see more
River's Edge Rooms
Reviews for River's Edge4 guest reviews Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
River's Edge Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Stanford
(1.9 km from Stanford)
Cool sea breezes and a mountainous microclimate ensure that the grapes ripen slowly which contributes to the smooth quality of the wine. Stanford Hills Winery produces an award winning Pinotage under the label of Jacksons Pinotage. The last three...
(5.8 km from Stanford)
Fabulous wines next door to MOSAIC Private Sanctuary. Tastings are offered.
(0 km from Stanford)
Birkenhead, the first wine and brewing estate in South Africa, proudly runs a small but growing microbrewery, winery and vineyards. Well worth a visit, not only for beer and wine fanatics, but for anyone keen to spend time at their beautiful...
(0 km from Stanford)
Every Saturday morning Stanford’s country market gets in full swing with music, bustling activity, heaps of stalls and chatty locals. This delightful village marketplace is the best place to stock up for your weekend getaway. Tables groan with...