About Point @ Ponta Apartments
The "Point @ Ponta" is a new development situated in Ponta do Ouro on the hill behind the public campsite, overlooking the Bay, Launch site and the Main beach. Ponta do Ouro is a quaint little village on the southernmost border of Mozambique - literally 2 kms as the seagull flies from the South African Border at Kosi Bay. The Bay offers safe swimming and is a convenient, easily accessible destination for surfing, fishing and water sports. Ponta is also world famous for its spectacular offshore reefs, and attracts Scuba Divers from all around the world. We have a resident Dive Charter, that arranges daily dives, and dolphin trips to these amazing reefs. The Point @ Ponta apartments have balconies, with stunning views of the bay, and in particular, the spectacular morning sunrises, for which Ponta is famous. Currently it is self catering, but meal packages are available from an adjacent restaurant
- All booking requests in respect of accommodation, transfers, flights, and activities/excursions are subject to availability as at the time deposits are received, notwithstanding the fact that at the time of the request, availability may have been confirmed.
- Prices and rates quoted in good faith, as per the respective resort standard rate... - All booking requests in respect of accommodation, transfers, flights, and activities/excursions are subject to availability as at the time deposits are received, notwithstanding the fact that at the time of the request, availability may have been confirmed.
- Prices and rates quoted in good faith, as per the respective resort standard rate sheets, and are subject to any increases in accommodation, airfares, other land arrangements, meals, surcharges, activity or any other costs that may affect the original invoice price. All quotes and invoices are subject to these increases and costs, which may be applied without prior notice. Any such changes or increases after invoicing will have to be paid prior to departure, or on arrival at the resort, as may be required by the Operator.
- Any brochures, price lists, menus, and documentation of whatsoever nature submitted by the Operator is done in good faith, and as such the Operator cannot be held liable for any mistakes, outdated prices, or incorrect information supplied, or any increased cost as a result of such incorrect information.
- Any extensions, additions, variations or deviations from the original invoice may incur supplementary charges. - These are also payable as per payment schedule below.
- Any changes of whatsoever nature made to any invoice, once sent, shall incur additional charges, with a minimum of R 300.00 per person per amendment being levied.
- Should any of the resorts, operators, or principles quote the Safari Operator in any other currency, other than SA Rands, then the rate quoted will exclude the forex commission of 0.25% of the total invoice price, with a minimum amount payable of R300.00 per person.
- Unless specifically stated to the contrary on the quote, rates and quotes do not include any airport departure taxes, airline fuel or any other levies and taxes that may be implemented from time to time, or any meals that may not be included in the airline ticket prices, as in the case of some budget airlines, nor does it include any other taxes that may not be included in airline ticket rate.
- Unless specifically stated to the contrary on the quote, rates and quotes do not include any visa/passport costs, or any air ticket/passport / document courier/delivery charges, or any personal or travel insurance.
- Rates quoted, are subject to exchange rate fluctuations, and final cost will be determined and finalized, as at the date of receipt of full payment. This is a specific condition, notwithstanding that the tour may already have been invoiced, and deposits paid against it.
- The operator reserves the right to further amend the final invoice amount payable, up to a period of seven (7) days after the final payment is received from the client, should there be any currency variations during this period.
- The Safari Operator, however, reserves the right to accept any payments made against any tour, at the exchange rate when payment was made. The current applicable currency buying rate as quoted by the Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd shall be used to determine the exchange rate invoiced. This applies to any late payments which may be received, notwithstanding such payments may only be received after the final invoice.
- Rates and quotes do not include VAT, or any sales taxes, that may be payable on the tour, or any portion thereof, in South Africa, or any country included on the itinerary, that imposes them.
- All payments for the tour must be made in full prior to departure, and no tickets, confirmations, or travel documents will be issued until all these payments have been received.
- A minimum 50% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of total tour price (including any additional charges, including equipment rental, additional excursions, etc) is required to secure a booking. No reservation request can be considered booked until such deposit is received
- The full outstanding balance is payable 30 days prior to departure, or any other date that the service providers, or resorts represented by the Safari Operator may require for those specific dates or specials.
- Should payments not be received as per this schedule, the booking will automatically be deemed cancelled, with forfeiture of all amounts paid. All bookings, irrespective of when made, must be paid in full 30 days prior to tour departure date.
- Should the operator, in its sole discretion, agree to accept payments that may vary from the required payment schedule above, then it reserves the right to charge interest on all such payments, at the applicable overdraft rate charged by the Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd.
- All prices are based on a minimum of 2 persons sharing accommodation. Single supplements will be applicable.
- Credit card payments exclude the 4.75% bank commission. This will be added to any credit card payments.
- All payments via Bank transfers, or cash bank deposits, must include all relevant bank charges
Cancellation & refund policy
- Should notice be given by the client of his / her intention to cancel, refunds will be given as set out below.
- Refunds will only be considered if all payments were received according to the payment schedule above.
- Refunds will be made as follows: (from payment date)
• Up until 90 days prior to departure – refund of all amounts paid except for cancellation fee of 30% of total tour price.
• Between 89 days & 60 prior to departure - refund of all amounts paid except for cancellation fee of 50% of total tour price.
• Between 59 days & 45 days prior to departure – refund of all amounts paid except for cancellation fee of 75% of total tour price.
• 44 days and less, prior to departure - No refunds whatsoever will be given.
- In exceptional circumstances, and at the sole discretion of the operator, where we manage to obtain a full or partial refund for the client, all such amounts received will be refunded, except for an amount equal to 30% of the total final invoice value, which will be retained by the safari operator to cover bank charges, costs, and commissions.
- This cancellation policy will apply irrespective of the cause of cancellation, including but not limited to: illness, death, missed or delayed flights, cancellation through non-payment by the client of any portion of his tour, civil unrest, riots, strikes, war – whether declared or not, or for any other reason whatsoever. It further applies to any tours, accommodation and activities which may be cancelled due to inclement weather, or natural disasters, i.e. floods, hurricanes, cyclones, etc.
- The client must give written notice of his / her intention to cancel, stating detailed reasons why, before a refund will be considered.
Cancellation Refunds for "Specials" & Promotions:
- From time to time, certain resorts, hotels and agents that the operator utilizes and accepts bookings from clients on behalf of, offers discounted / and or promotion rates & packages. There are no cancellation refunds for these packages for any reason whatsoever.
Unused Services / Facilities.
- The rates quoted for the tour are based on prepaid rates, and as such, no refunds for unused services and/or facilities can be entertained, for any reason whatsoever, including those suffered/incurred as a result of inclement weather, missed connections, illness, injury or death.
- Travel / Personal Accident Insurance are specifically excluded from any quotes, or rates. Travellers are strongly advised to take adequate travel insurance, and it is their sole responsibility to ensure that they are in possession of the relevant valid passports, visas, and any other travel and medical immunization documents required by the destination countries and airline carriers.
- Any and all errors and omissions are excluded
Point @ Ponta Apartments Rooms
Reviews for Point @ Ponta Apartments1 guest review Reviews of
3 out of 5 stars
Point @ Ponta Apartments Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Ponta do Ouro
(0.4 km from Ponta do Ouro)
If you’re an ocean and animal lover, add this to your bucket list! The Dolphin Centre's dolphin tours are eco mindful and specially tailored for clients. The Dolphin Centre offers boat trips, which includes a snorkel at a stunning reef. Whales and...
(0.4 km from Ponta do Ouro)
Ponto do Ouro boasts wonderful beach based activities including surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, turtle watching tours, hiking trails, horse riding trails and canoeing. Venture off the beach and there’s still so much to do...
(0 km from Ponta do Ouro)
Quad bikes are a great way to explore the area around Ponta do Ouro. Travel north towards Ponta Malongane and beyond. Quad bikes can be rented on an hourly, half-day or daily rate. Guided quad adventures are also available which include snorkeling,...
(0 km from Ponta do Ouro)
Fernando's Bar is located opposite the market in the middle of Ponta do Ouro. Famous for his "R&Rs" and his warm hospitality, this little bar has grown from a tiny little bar to a huge attraction in the area.