About Oppidraai A
Oppidraai A is a self-catering unit in Paternoster. This tastefully decorated unit has an open-plan kitchen and lounge, three bedrooms (one upstairs & two downstairs) and two bathrooms (main en-suite). There is an inside and outside braai and good views. This unit is wheelchair-friendly.
Exquisite sunsets. Whales. Dolphins. Spring flowers. Crayfish and mussels. Peace and quiet. The quaint fisherman's village of Paternoster on the West Coast, a mere 90 minutes from Cape Town offers you all of this and much more. Generally there isn't much to do around the village, but to relax and find yourself again. Entertainment is offered by the waves, the gulls and, sometimes, the foghorn.
The guest hereby acknowledges that all rentals are subject to the following Terms and Conditions and that all guests will be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Upon paying your deposit you acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of these Terms & Conditions.
1. Check-Out time is strictly at 11h00 on the last day of your stay. Any unit... The guest hereby acknowledges that all rentals are subject to the following Terms and Conditions and that all guests will be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Upon paying your deposit you acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of these Terms & Conditions.
1. Check-Out time is strictly at 11h00 on the last day of your stay. Any unit that is not vacated by 11h00 will be subject to a surcharge of R200 per hour or part thereof, for each hour exceeding the check-out time.The surcharge is deductible from the Key & Breakage deposit. The guest consents to this deduction. High Season (incl Easter & Jazz festival) strictly 10h00 unless otherwise arranged with the office.
Check-In time is strictly between 14h00 - 17h00 (Mon - Thu), 14h00 - 19h00 (Fri) & 14h00 - 16h00 (Sat & Sun) & 14h00 - 16h00 (Public Holidays). High Season (incl Easter & Jazz festival) strictly 15h00 unless otherwise arranged with the office. A surcharge of R200 per hour or part thereof, will be charged for any arrival later than check-in time as indicated. This surcharge is deductible from the Key & Breakage deposit. The guest consents to this deduction.
2. All Rates are inclusive of VAT at 14% and are subject to change without prior notice.
3. The agent reserves the right to cancel & refund accommodation, or move guests to similar alternative accommodation for reasons beyond our control and not due to our negligence.
4. A booking will only be confirmed once the full deposit amount, as well as the key & breakage deposit have been received by the agent.
5. The balance is payable by electronic fund transfer or credit/debit card on or prior to arrival.
6. The deposit as well as the key/breakage deposit is to be paid within 48 hours of making the initial booking. Failing this will result in the provisional booking being cancelled.
7. No keys will be handed over until the full outstanding balance has been paid prior to or on arrival.
8. A R500 / R1000 (dependent of which unit) Key & Breakage deposit is payable together with the 50% deposit for the booking. The agent will refund to the guest by bank transfer within 7 working days after departure, excluding any deductions once the unit has been checked and all is found inorder. Please ensure you furnish us with your banking details on or prior to arrival.
9. Should any damages or losses be noted after departure the amount for the item/s will be deducted from the breakage deposit or credit card, if details have been provided for this purpose. Should the damages exceed the amount of breakage deposit the guests agrees to pay the extra. Please note that the key deposit will be retained and additional charges imposed if more guests than booked for are found to be utilising the premises. The guest consents to this deduction.
10. The agent acts as an agent for individual owners of units and is not authorized to make or agree to refunds for any reason. Refunds will be made at the sole discretion of the rental property’s owner.
11. In the event of a refund being authorized by the owner it will be subject to a 15% administration fee charged to the account of the guest. The guest consents to this deduction.
12. No parties of any sort (Bachelor/ette, birthday etc.) are permitted at any of our units.
13. Security? Please take the time to read the note below regarding opportunistic crime.
14. Peace & Serenity? Please respect the peace and tranquility of Paternoster. After 22h00 it is expected that all guests will be quiet. Very NB: In the event that neighbours and/or other guests are disturbed, the agent reserves the right to withhold the key and breakage deposit to refund those that have been inconvenienced.
15. Keys: Please collect the keys from the accommodation office. Directions will be sent to you prior to arrival.
16. Key Drop off: When departing please drop the keys in the key deposit hole which is at eye level to the right of the door of the agent’s office.
17. All guests consent to the jurisdiction of the Vredenburg Magistrates Court in the event of any litigation that may result from this agreement. The agent’s legal costs will be charged as attorney & own client costs.
18. Lost Property: Please note that items left behind by the guest must be collected or arrangements made for delivery at guests’ own cost within one month of departure. Thereafter all goods will be donated to a worthy cause at the discretion of the agent, as we do not have the storage facilities for keeping goods indefinitely.
Oppidraai A Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Voorstrand
(4.7 km from Voorstrand)
Trip up the spiral staircase of Cape Columbine Lighthouse and gaze at jaw-dropping views of the formidable Britannia reef and Atlantic Ocean. Fortress-like and spectacularly situated on a windswept headland, Cape Columbine Lighthouse is usually the...
(11.1 km from Voorstrand)
This beautiful beach boasts magical scenery and a typical Cape West Coast feel, with a pristine stretch of whit sand, tiny shell-strewn nooks, and beautifully etched rocky areas. Swimming and diving is very popular here.
(0.2 km from Voorstrand)
If you’ve ever been to Paternoster, the standout will be the endless stretch of deserted white sandy beach. Think spectacular sunsets, succulent West Coast seafood, brightly painted wooden boats and friendly fishermen. Paternoster happily remains...
(0.9 km from Voorstrand)
Come and enjoy the beauty of the West Coast on horseback with Drikus Horse Trails. There are various horse trails upon request, both for experienced and novice riders. From '1 hour' trips to weekend party trips, you'll find something that will...