Ocean Reef Apartments
About Ocean Reef Apartments
The Ocean Reef Apartments are a new complex of luxury apartments with easy access to the lovely Zinkwazi Beach. The area of Zinkwazi offers beautiful beaches as well as wonderful banks by the lagoon that are ideal for picnics. There are many activities that guests are able to partake in, including nature walks, fishing, bird watching and of course, water sports.
The beautifully decorated apartments have direct access to the beach. Each apartment is similar is layout but completely unique in décor.
Guests have access to a communal gated swimming pool, and there is safe under-cover parking. The property is protected by armed response, electric fences, gates and security guards. The complex also has a laundry facility which is coin-operated.
The closest shops and restaurants are in Ballito so guests need to ensure they have everything they require for a secluded time away. During the busy seasons there are life guards on the beach, making it a family friendly destination.
IMPORTANT: The Lessee and all members of their party agrees that:
By signing this document OR by paying the minimum required part-payment to secure this booking, the lessee acknowledges that he has read all T’s and C’s below and the info above, and agrees that the Lessee and all members of their party do agree to... LETTING CONDITIONS:
IMPORTANT: The Lessee and all members of their party agrees that:
By signing this document OR by paying the minimum required part-payment to secure this booking, the lessee acknowledges that he has read all T’s and C’s below and the info above, and agrees that the Lessee and all members of their party do agree to abide by these conditions as set out below and above, AND accepts the terms fully, INCLUSIVE of the fact that any dispute will be a legal matter between the Lessor and the Lessee and will only involve Driftwood Estates as far as passing on communication between above mentioned parties.
KEYS/ENTRY TO THE PROPERTY WILL ONLY BE HANDED OVER/ALLOWED AGAINST FULL PAYMENT.
No credit cards or cheques are accepted.
All booking letters must be completed and returned to the office in order for access to be allowed to any property, failure to comply with this, will result in keys being held back.
Maximum number of occupants allowed on the property at any given time, including children and visitors!!
This property allows: xx people/house (xx bedrooms/house) as advertised.
Should the maximum number of persons stated be exceeded we will evict you immediately.
A person is someone no longer in his/her mother’s womb.
Please take note of point 1 to 4 below should you be prompted to bring decoder and card.
1. All of our properties run off satellite dishes.
2. Where it states that you need to bring your decoder and card you will not be able to watch TV without those items.
3. We do not rent out decoder and cards, we will not be able to help you if you arrive without them.
4. NONE of our dishes are PVR or EXPLORE compatible and we suggest, that should you only have PVR/EXPLORE decoders at home, you contact Multichoice a few days prior to arrival and obtain a holiday decoder and card on your account.
What to bring:
1. Please take note that most properties require you to bring beach and bath towels, unless stipulated in the description.
2. DSTV card and decoder: refer to the section re-DSTV above for detailed information.
3. Toiletries: Items like toilet paper and bath soap, shampoo etc. are not supplied, not even as starter pack. This is self-catering accommodation and you need to bring these items.
4. All cleaning agents like dish washing liquid, black bags, Handy Andy, washing powder, stay soft, dish washer tablets etc. Items like buckets, mops,
5. All beach gear i.e. beach chairs/cooler boxes/umbrellas etc.
6. Forgotten items can be bought locally from the convenience store in the village, one can also order a starter pack to be delivered prior to arrival, speak to Steve or Michelle.
1. Properties listed with permanent staff on site: we levy and additional charge per day for the maid, this is not negotiable.
2. You have to supply, permanent or rented staff, with all cleaning agents in order for them to do their jobs. Mops, buckets, brooms, irons and ironing boards are supplied.
3. If the property is not serviced you can rent a maid from the cleaning agents in the village.
a.. You need to book early as they operate on first come/first serve plans.
b. These ladies operate separately from Driftwood Estates and have their own charges, YOU need to book with them directly.
c. Sundays and public holidays are charged at double rates.
4. If you rent a property WITHOUT A PERMANENT MAID, a departure cleaning fee will be levied by Driftwood Estates, regardless of whether you rent staff or spring clean yourself. The departure cleaning fee ranges between R400 and R800 depending on the size of the property and is compulsory.
5. Larger houses incur a larger departure cleaning fee.
6. The clean will be invoiced as part of total cost and show with the breakdown on page 1.
7. There are one or 2 very large properties which do have maids, but still have a departure clean levied.
8. Should we find the house in a poor state with stained linen and there is any additional cleaning required because of the condition of the house, we will levy additional cleaning charges.
9. The Holiday House/Flat and contents you are renting will have been thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival.
Additional charges levied other than the accommodation fee:
1. Admin fee once off
2. Departure cleaning fee as above, if required.
3. Live in Maids - Charged at a daily rate.
4. Breakage deposit of 10% of the value of the accommodation charge, with a minimum of R1000, refundable if there are no breakages. Refer points discussed relevant to inventories.
Refund of breakage deposits:
1. Your damages deposits are refundable in total, if no breakages are found.
2. Refunds will occur within 30 days of departure, not on departure and provided no breakages are incurred and provided that repair and/or replacement can be made within 30days.
3. All refunds will be made via EFT, even if you paid cash.
4. Please note: it is your responsibility to supply me with your banking details before you leave.
5. Damages retentions not claimed within three months of booking will be forfeited.
1. The inventory will have been checked prior to the arrival date.
2. Any damages must be reported to Driftwood Estates immediately, or as it happens during your stay, failing which the inventory will be assumed to be correct.
3. All breakages, shortages or damages are for the lessee’s account.
4. Please note: Reporting a breakage 2 or 3 days into your stay, will result in it being for your account, e.g. “oh by the way there is a cigarette burn on this couch, it was here when we arrived”, 3 days into your stay, you will be billed. Any breakages as a result of an accident by yourself or your party must be reported to Driftwood.
5. As most people seem to have breakfast on our inventories or give it to their kids to draw on, you need to request a copy of the inventory prior to arrival via email.
1. Any part payments made up to 50% is not refundable should the booking be cancelled for any reason by the lessee.
2. Should refunds be negotiated, it will be the owner’s decision and at their discretion, and not that of Driftwood Estates.
3. Rentals are due for the period booked and NO REFUND will be allowed should the departure occur at an earlier date for any reason whatsoever, again any refunds will be the owners decision.
Driftwood Estates reserves the right to substitute similar accommodation should the unit or house booked not be available for any reason whatsoever. Should Driftwood Estates not have alternative accommodation, which they deem similar available, a full refund will be made.
Payments & Confirmation:
1. Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of the part payment as indicated above and receipt of the completed booking contract.
2. Part payment will NOT BE LESS THAN 50% OF THE RENTAL plus the ADMIN FEE.
3. Balance of rental is due one week prior to arrival, proof of payment to be supplied to Driftwood Estates via email.
4. No credit cards or cheques are accepted.
5. Payments must be either cash or an EFT.
6. Note: Cash payments larger than R4 999.00 will not be accepted.
7. When making an EFT payment, you need to supply your POP to our office.
8. No bank charges on foreign deposits or cash deposits will be carried by Driftwood Estates, these costs will be deducted from your breakage deposit.
Items left behind:
1. Please note should you leave items behind when you depart, Driftwood Estates will not be held liable for anything we find or keep for you.
2. Items not collected within 1 month will be discarded.
SMOKING: No smoking allowed in any house.
Check in time is 2:00pm and check out time is 10:00am strictly.
Driftwood Estates acts as an agent on behalf of the owner of the property you have rented and takes all instruction from the owner with regards to their property. Should any discord arise, it will be the owner’s decision as to what action is to be taken and Driftwood Estates will not be held liable for the owner’s decisions by yourself or anyone in your party.
Under no circumstances are any items belonging to the property to be removed from the property during your stay.
No students or matrix allowed.
No Pets of any description allowed unless you have written consent.
Under no circumstances do we allow any social event to happen on any of our properties without written consent. This includes: birthday parties, bachelor parties, wedding reception or any other functions. If you exceed the amount of people allowed you will be charged for every extra person and legal action will be taken. Please note we do not allow students or groups who are not related, without written consent, we cater for family holidays only.
No slaughtering of live animals on any property is allowed. (Yes it has happened)
Return of keys or lost keys:
1. Please note it is your responsibility to return all keys handed to you on arrival, and ensure keys kept in the house are all accounted for.
2. Keys and gate/alarm/garage remotes which are damaged will be replaced at your expense and an additional R150 service charge will be levied over and above the cost of replacement, for the time consuming task created.
3. Keys are to be returned in person, unless otherwise arranged, to Driftwood Estates, no later than 10am, unless otherwise arranged.
4. Should keys be returned late without prior arrangement, you will be charged for an extra night.
1. IMPORTANT: OFFICE HOURS.
a. Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 4.00 pm
b. Saturdays and Sundays by appointment only made well in advance.
c. AFTER HOURS ARRIVAL: Tenants must advise Driftwood Estates well in advance if they will be arriving after office hours. Failure to notify the office of a late arrival will result in the tenants not being able to collect keys.
Please do not hesitate to call/email should you require any additional information on ANY MATTER related to your holiday.
The lessor and/or the servants or Employees of the Agents and/or lessor shall not be liable to the Lessee for any injury or loss or damage of any description which the Lessee and/or any member of the Lessee’s family, or any employee or servant or any relative, friend, acquaintance, visitor, invitee or guest of the Lessee may sustain, physically or to their property directly, in or about the Leased Premises or in any part or building in which the Leased Premises are situated by reason of any defect in the Leased Premises, or any appliances whatsoever in the building in which the leased premises are situated, or for any act done or any neglect on the part of the Lessor or any of the Lessor’s employee’s servants or Agents. The Lessor’s or the Agent’s representatives and servants accept no responsibility or liability of whatsoever nature in respect of the receipt or the non-receipt and delivery or non-delivery of goods, postal matter or other correspondence. Should there be a swimming pool on the leased premises, the Lessor, Lessor’s employee’s servants or Agents accept no responsibility for any loss or damages incurred as a result of use of the swimming pool.
Ocean Reef Apartments Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Zinkwazi Beach
(5.6 km from Zinkwazi Beach)
With the warm Indian Ocean waves crashing upon these beautiful golden sands, Zinkwazi Beach offers so much for the beach lover. Coupled with a nearby lagoon, Zinkwazi Beach is also a great location to indulge in some water sports.
(4.7 km from Zinkwazi Beach)
Tee off on the spectacular Dolphin Coast at Prince’s Grant Golf Estate. The acclaimed 18-hole course is rated as one of South Africa’s top twenty golf courses and is a winner of the 5 Star Golf Experience Award. The course is a traditional links...
(4.9 km from Zinkwazi Beach)
Located in the Zinkwazi area, the trails will take on you an ecological, historical and cultural exploration of the North Coast. This is the birthplace of the Zulu Nation and is filled with historical meaning. The routes offer astonishing views of a...
(8.7 km from Zinkwazi Beach)
Blythedale Beach is a massive stretch of beautiful sand, perfect for long walks, and a haven for water activities such as swimming and surfing.