92 Atlantic House
About 92 Atlantic House
This stunning four bedroom house sleeps up to 10 and has uninterrupted views of Dassen Island, Table Mountain and the ocean. The ground level of the house has three bedrooms, two which has have sea views. Two bedrooms downstairs have en-suite bathrooms and own lounge with flat screen Tv/full DStv. The other one use a separate bathroom.
The Main bedroom upstairs is ideal for a honeymoon couple or can be booked together with the rest of the house should it be a bigger group. The room has a fireplace, a bar fridge, Nespresso coffee machine a flat-screen TV with DStv and Netflix and a dressing room with a sunken bath. A telescope allows guest star gazing, Guests use a guest toilet near the entrance.
A huge open plan lounge with fireplace, TV corner with Netflix and DStv leads to the dining room and fully equipped kitchen. There is a separate scullery with dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. A private enclosed garden area with an outdoor fire pit and fish pond.
A fourth bedroom is situated at the side of the house which could be incorporated with the main house. It is also fully equipped with a two-plate stove, microwave, toaster, kettle, bar fridge and tv with full DStv. The bedroom has a queen-size bed and an ensuite shower. The unit has its own entrance and can utilize one garage. Plenty parking is available on the premises.
Please be advised that 92 Atlantic House has a separate cottage available for two guests attached to the main house. This cottage could be booked incoherent with the Main house or separately to other guests.
Things to do in Yzerfontein:
1. Bird watchers can try and spot the endangered Black Tobie on the beach or head to the saltpans to view the Pelicans and Flamingos.
2. Be on the lookout for Southern Right and Humpback whales who frequent the area for most of the year.
3. Enjoy the indigenous gardens, which can be seen everywhere.
4. The main beach is the original area where former farmers of the area used to stockpile their cattle.
5. Visit and view the rock excavations located just before the harbour entrance.
6. Visit the Kalkbranders, located next to the oldest building in Yzerfontein, the Fish House, and learn about its history.
7. Visit the beach near Kelp Street during low tide and try and spot the abandoned tractor. Locals will be able to fill you in on the background story while you get to know the area.
8. Order a picnic basket, visit Schaapeiland and take a walk along the footpath to the harbour.
9. Enjoy the sunset from the harbour wall and look out over Meeurots with the 16 Mile Beach in the distance.
10. Enjoy some Gift Shop shopping by popping in at Pretty Cute, Wild Flour, PeriWinkles, and Blikaspaai.
11. Fresh Fish is for sale from fishermen arriving at the port at the Fish Market. Or you can buy frozen products from Dassen Seafoods.
12. On your way to Yzerfontein, don’t forget to stop at Weskus Padstal and Beaulah Farm Deli on the R27
13. Enjoy coffee and conversation at Wild Flour, Feast, Boathouse, Beaches and Droograk.
14. Freshly baked goods and delicious coffee is on offer at Rosemead Artisan Bakery.
15. Tuck into fresh seafood in the open air Strandkombuis restaurant.
16. Keep a look out for camels on the R315
17. Enjoy dinner at Meeurots and Lulas
18. Friday nights are Pizza nights at Yzervark Bistro
19. Walk all of, or part of, the 16 Mile Beach.
20. Rent bicycles from Yzerfontein Explorer and see the town on two wheels!
21. Enjoy a wide variety of watersports in Yzerfontein
22. Yzerfontein offers unlimited bike routes – just bring your bike or rent one.
23. Walk the town at your leisure
24. Join the Park Run / Walk every Saturday morning.
25. Walk up Klein Windhoek farm.
Stay between 27 Aug 2018 and 29 Nov 2018 and get 20% off. Valid every Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu. .
Terms & Conditions
The main house sleeps 8, but can sleep 10 (There is bedding for 2 extra guests and the couches were specifically designed to accommodate guests in the living room if there is a need for that) PLUS there is a fully equipped Cottage attached to the house but with its own entrance that can be... Terms & Conditions
The main house sleeps 8, but can sleep 10 (There is bedding for 2 extra guests and the couches were specifically designed to accommodate guests in the living room if there is a need for that) PLUS there is a fully equipped Cottage attached to the house but with its own entrance that can be rented with the house and sleeps 2 guests. There is bedding for the couches.This cottage could be booked incoherent with the Main house or separately to other guests.
• The main house has 4 bedrooms and 3,5 bathrooms with the main bedroom having a king size extra length bed. The 3 rooms downstairs are furnished with 2 queen size bed and 1 double bed. 2 bedrooms are en-suite.
• 3 of the 4 bedrooms have unobstructed sea views.
• The luxurious upper "penthouse" or main bedroom is upstairs and completely separate from the other 3 bedrooms with infinity views, its own fireplace, bar fridge, smart TV and luxury bath
Bookings & check-in:
• Upon your enquiry for accommodation a quote will be provided to you.
• A 30% deposit is to reserve the establishment, and full payment is required prior to occupation.
• Banking costs for international deposits will be for the guest’s account. Because we will only know what the amount is after receiving the funds, it will be added to the outstanding costs of the final payment.
• The person responsible for making the reservations and payment should ensure that everyone else in the party has read these terms and conditions and accept full responsibility and liability thereof.
• It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the agent at the time of taking occupancy.
• You are welcome to check in from 15:00 to 18:00 (or later, by arrangement) on the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by 10:00 on the day of departure.
• On site garage parking available - please request in advance.
• Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guest only by arrangement
• The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
Cancellation: (R250 administration apply)
• Cancellation longer than 30 days, 100% refundable.
• Cancellation between 29 days and 15 days, 75% refundable.
• Cancellation 14 days and less, no refund.
Breakage & damages:
• A refundable breakage deposit of R1000.00 can be is requested, this will be refunded 72 hours after departure, provided there are no breakages, items missing or the house is not left in an acceptable condition.
• Bath towels are supplied but not for use on the beach, guests should provide their own beach towels.
• This is a self-catering facility, but we can gladly provide you with a cleaning service by prior arrangement.
• Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
• The drains in Yzerfontein are either soak or Municipal pump drains; therefore, please use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other items that need to be disposed of.
Safety, health, environment & security:
• This is a non-smoking facility, but you are welcome to smoke outside, providing that you use a cigarette butt dispenser.
• Although kids of all ages are most welcome and we encourage visits by families and friends, parents must be aware that the steps to the first floor master bedroom is not toddler friendly
• The Yzerfontein residential area is surrounded by nature reserves and Green Belts running through the town. We ask that guests respect the environment at all times.
• Apart from a variety of small wild animals there are also snakes such as Puff adders and Cape Cobras during the warmer season and it is therefore advisable not to wander into the fynbos unattended. At certain times of the year, such as the breeding season, ostriches could be dangerous too, rather do not approach them at any time and give them right of way.
• Due to the fact that the West Coast is an arid environment, the local communities experience water restrictions from time to time, please help us by using water responsibly.
• We should mention that even though Yzerfontein is statistically a very low crime area, caution should still be taken and the premises be locked when you are away.
• A medical practitioner is available in town but unfortunately not 24 hours per day.
• Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are requested to use and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly report any faulty conditions to the owners.
• Unfortunately, no pets can be accommodated.
• Table tennis is available for guest
• We can gladly assist with any specific requests e.g. on-site meals, laundry and housekeeping services, airport transfer etc
• Braai wood is available on the premises
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our guests and their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a guest/s whilst on the premises. When booking at 92 Atlantic the guest/s hereby automatically indemnifies the owner of 92 Atlantic and Yzerfontein Accommodation against any claims arising from any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the premises. Guests enter at own risk.
92 Atlantic House Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Yzerfontein
(1 km from Yzerfontein)
Yzerfontein is mostly known for having wonderful spring wildflowers, great kitesurfing and windsurfing, and good fishing. It’s also known for the seemingly endless stretch of 16 Mile Beach, starting in the south at Yzerfontein Main Beach. A...
(3.2 km from Yzerfontein)
Pearl Bay Beach is backed by seacliffs offering standout views of Dassen Island, Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. This new suburb in the south of Yzerfontein is going through a rapid development phase. Photo source: en.wikipedia.org
(13.2 km from Yzerfontein)
Join a guided tour at !Khwa ttu for interesting insights into the culture, heritage, knowledge and modern-day life of the Bushmen of southern Africa. Qualified San guides will demonstrate their skills, share their oral history, track animals and...
(11.8 km from Yzerfontein)
Buffelsfontein 4x4 is a sand route in the Buffelsfontein Nature Reserve just outside Yzerfontein. An entry fee is asked per vehicle and possibly per person. This is a fantastic adventure for the family as the trail has a grading of 1 to 3 and has...