About Mountain View Guest House
Edged by neatly lawned gardens that border onto spacious grass lands, Mountain View Guest House rests in clear view of the Biggarsberg Mountains. Magnificent views of both the Endumeni and Mpati peaks are visible from mostly every window of this gracious farm-style house.
Each of the five luxurious rooms opens onto spacious verandas surrounding the house; offering peace and tranquility. Entrance to the property is motorized and electrically fenced, ensuring complete security and confidence of safety.
This is a farm-like property where a number of animals roaming the grass lands create an additional attraction. We have 25 Emu originating from Australia that are rarely seen elsewhere. This is a bird similar looking to an Ostrich, with a smaller frame. These flightless birds tend to stay close to the fence skirting the garden from where they stretch their necks wanting to get a closer look at any movement of humans. Donkeys and Ponies peacefully roam about and ducks are mostly hiding in the lush grass or splashing about in their pond.
Positioned close to Glencoe town; approximately two kilometers on the main route from Ladysmith to Dundee which is approximately seven kilometers, it is a central and an equally convenient location for the business and tourist traveler wishing to explore the many historic attractions on the “Battlefields Route”.
Conference Venues: Our dining room doubles up as a room to accommodate small business meetings and events for up to maximum 10 delegates that include morning and afternoon teas, a luncheon as well as a flip chart. It is R335 per person per day; minimum six delegates.
50% deposit is required to confirm booking. Balance due on arrival. Dinner provided on request confirm with booking. Prior to making a reservation, we strongly advise that you read our Terms and Conditions. By making reservations, you agree that you are bound by these Terms and conditions:
• All documentation will be completed by the guest... 50% deposit is required to confirm booking. Balance due on arrival. Dinner provided on request confirm with booking. Prior to making a reservation, we strongly advise that you read our Terms and Conditions. By making reservations, you agree that you are bound by these Terms and conditions:
• All documentation will be completed by the guest before checking in.
• A deposit of 50% is required to secure your Reservation.
• The Guest in whose name the booking is made undertakes full responsibility and liability for all costs incurred by his/hers/their party or guests.
• Reservations should be made well in advance of your required date to avoid disappointment.
• Reservations will be accepted online or via any written confirmation from guest.
• All bookings are subjected to our online published terms and conditions.
• No bookings will be confirmed until the required deposit has been received.
Smoking is disallowed in any of the rooms in the house - ashtrays are strategically placed on the patios for the purpose.
We would raise a charge of R50 per day corkage fee for consumption of personal alcoholic/soft drinks.
Dinner includes a glass house wine/soft drink
We do not provide facilities for self-catering of any kind.
No food stuff is allowed inside our bedrooms. see more
Reviews for Mountain View Guest House3 guest reviews Reviews of
4.5 out of 5 stars
Mountain View Guest House Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Glencoe
(34 km from Glencoe)
The spectacular Nambiti Private Game Reserve offers a malaria-free wilderness retreat near the southern Drakensberg in KwaZulu-Natal. Guests can experience the romance, adventure and excitement of Africa in this private reserve that is home to the...
(8.8 km from Glencoe)
Join the Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift Battlefield guides for a fascinating day of storytelling. Guides bring the Anglo-Zulu battles to life, revealing the astonishing details of this important part of South African history. Day tours depart from...
(59.3 km from Glencoe)
The legendary Mahatma Gandhi, among many other things, served with General Buller's relief forces after the Siege of Ladysmith. He also trained 1100 Indians who participated in the battle. In 1993 the Hindu community paid tribute to the work of...
(59.3 km from Glencoe)
Holes 18 Length: 5690m Available for hire: Carts Trolleys Caddies Clubs Other facilities Pro Shop, Bar, Restaurant, Board Room, Function Facilities