Makolobay Lode and Dive Africa Package
About Makolobay Lode and Dive Africa Package
Makolobay Lode and Dive Africa Package offers an all inclusive 10-day package from Durban or Johannesburg to the Makoloby Lodge in Inhambana, Mozambique. The package includes shared accommodation, transport in a luxury bus and meals.
The trips are scheduled for specific dates starting on a Friday, and are for a minimum of ten days at a time. Each trip can be tailor made on request.
The 1000 kilometre trip from Johannesburg to Inhambane is a 12-hour scenic bus journey with an overnight stop at Xai-Xai. The trip from Durban to Inhambane travels through Swaziland to Xai-Xai for the overnight stop.
Friday - Day One:
• Depart from Durban at 02:00am and from Johannesburg at 04:00am. Register and check-in will be confirmed closer to the departure date. Guests board the bus directly. Please note to pack some snacks and breakfast as we don’t stop over for breakfast.
• 16:00 – Guests arrive at the overnight accommodation in Xai-Xai.
• 18:00 – Sit down for dinner and enjoy a late afternoon swim in the swimming pool. Dinner is included in the rate.
Saturday - Day Two:
• 06:00am - Departure from the overnight accommodation towards Inhambane.
• 08:00am – Stop over at the Jolly Roggers at Inharimme for breakfast and a leg stretch. Breakfast is for your own account.
• 10:30 – Arrival at Inhambane town. Here guest will have some time to do last minute shopping and exchange money to meticais. This is the local money, at a rate of 3 mts for R1.
• 11:00 – Depart from town toward Makolobay Lodge.
• 12:00 – ETA at Makolobay Lodge.
• 17:00 – Sit down for Dinner at Charlie’s Bar. This is included in the rate.
Sunday to Friday - Day three to day eight:
Guests can book activities in and around Barra on arrival or arrange it once your booking is confirmed. Activities available include snorkelling, scuba dive, fishing, discover seahorse (snorkelling), Pansy Island trip, Yacht trips, horse riding, quad riding, trip to Tofo market, dhow trips with the locals, Whale watching in seasonal and more.
Meals for these days include in your rate:
• 08:00am – Breakfast at Neptunes Beach Bar.
• 20:00 – Dinner at Charlie’s Bar.
Remember breakfast and dinner is a casual affair, so feel free to wear your beach wear and slops.
Saturday - Day 9:
• 08:00am - Breakfast is served at Neptunes Beach bar.
• 09:00am - Start packing.
• 10:30 – The housekeeper will collect your luggage. Please keep your bus luggage separate from trailer luggage.
• 11:00 – Meet at Charlie’s Bar for departure to Xai-Xai.
• 15:00 – Stop over at KFC for a nice ice-cream in Xai-Xai.
• 16:00 – Arrival at Honeypot for your overnight accommodation.
• 18:00 – Seat down for dinner.
Sunday - Day 10:
• 04:00am – Depart from the overnight accommodation.
• 11:00 – Arrival at Komatipoort Border and Swaziland Border. Stop for brunch. This is for your own account.
• 15:00 – ETA Johannesburg and Durban
Beach: The house is situated practically on the beach with beautiful sea views.
If trip is cancelled due to lack of interest (min pax 10) we will refund you in full.
Shared accommodation in double rooms.
Dive packages can be arranged once your booking is confirmed. Dive qualification required.
Makolobay Lode and Dive Africa Package Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Inhambane
(17.6 km from Inhambane)
Liquid Adventures is a watersports centre offering all water based activities.
(1 km from Inhambane)
Local arts and crafts can be viewed and bought at the charming marketplace, the "Mercado Central". The woven straw baskets and mats are beautifully crafted. Inhambane's market is also a good place to stock up on food supplies. There's a colorful...
(18 km from Inhambane)
Diversity Scuba is a 5 Star Gold Palm IDC center, operating in Tofo since 2000. We have one 7.4 metre rib (semi-rigid inflatable dive boat), with a capacity of 12 divers, and two 8 metre ribs with a capacity for 16 divers. We can do as many as three...
(16.5 km from Inhambane)
Barra Reef Divers is owned by Russel Walster and fully operating from 'Neptune' Beach Bar. Barra Reef Divers boasts years of experience and a large pool of boats and equipment. Activities on offer include scuba course, ocean safaris, dive...