About Kashana Namibia
Kashana is based in a historic building constructed in 1907 as a casino for local mine-workers. It is thought that the house probably gained its name from the surrounding bush savannah which resembled a wide open plain, or Kashana, in the Owambo language.
The years took their toll on the building and after painstaking restoration to its former glory, it once again reflects its German Colonial heritage and was re-opened in 2007. Today, the building is the centre-piece of a lodge-style guest house, with a novel and attractive bar and a popular all-day à la carte restaurant frequented not only by residents, but also by passing travellers and local towns people, all enjoying the tranquil shade of the garden courtyard.
The courtyard is skirted by a number of small shops and businesses, including a florist, hairdresser, and the innovative Nawa-Nawa Art Centre which provides services for guests and supports the local community. Beyond the courtyard, fronting the river, newly built guest accommodation is to be found. Work also continues discretely elsewhere to expand the scope and facilities of the complex - the most obvious addition being the recently completed swimming pool, terrace and lapa.
Reviews for Kashana Namibia3 guest reviews Reviews of
4.5 out of 5 stars
Kashana Namibia Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling