About Fern Glen Suites
About Fern Glen Suites
Fern Glen Suites is located in Ferndale suburb of Johannesburg, which forms part of the Randburg region. These self-catering units ( with optional Breakfast) are perfect for holidaymakers and business travellers.Fern Glen Suites has four self-catering units that are spacious and secure. This plot is about half a hectare and boasts lovely gardens. The units are all well-equipped for self-catering. A TV with selected DStv channels and high-speed Wi-Fi is available. The four units can accommodate up to 16 guests.Covered parking is available near the units. This area offers
We have family sized units that can sleep at least 4 persons. Our self-catering facilities offer child friendly crockery and we have a camp cot available for babies. Some of our units have a bath with shower over the bath.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
Terms and Conditions - Deemed accepted on receipt of deposit/payment
• A 50% deposit to be made into our bank account to secure your booking. The balance must be paid on or before arrival.
• Our prices are valid for EFT or Cash deposit or Card transactions. International transfer costs are for the guest’s account.
• Regular check in time is between 14h00 and 18h00. Check in after 18h00 must have paid in full before arrival.
• Guests to leave unit by 10h00 on date of departure or by arrangement at R100 per hour for 2-sleeper and R200 per hour for 4 or 6 sleeper units past 10h00. No check out later than 11h00 if more guests are to arrive on your day of departure.
Gate Access and Security
• For your own and other residents’ security please WAIT and check that the automated gate closes on entry and exit. This is for the security of all on the property. Never give access to anyone unless they are your visitors, or you know them, even if they say they are staying here.
• Gate access is via a free cell phone call, although airtime is required to make a call. Should you not have airtime a “please call me” to the gate will also work.
• The gate access is linked to the accounts system and will only grant access to guests with cell numbers on the system whose accounts are up to date. Monthly rates are due on arrival and thereafter on the 1st of each month.
• It is your responsibility to keep your phone charged so that you will have access.
• Please park in your allocated bay.
• Absolutely NO PARKING in the turning area for emergency vehicles.
• Visitors must park in “Visitor Parking” near the gate and not in undercover parking without asking the management first.
• Free WIFI is available for use within reason. Please note should there be a problem with the line, we are not obliged to provide an alternative, however we will pursue our service provider to rectify the situation.
• Network name will be provided. Password will be provided (should the password change you will be notified)
• Abuse of the facility will result in denial of access.
• Only the number of guests paid for may stay overnight.
• Please make sure your visitors understand our terms and conditions.
• Respect for owner’s property. Respect other guests and neighbouring residents. NO LOUD music, loud TV or parties or gatherings.
• Breakages because of normal wear and tear – e.g. plumbing and electrical. Please report any breakages or problems to us as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to rectify the fault as soon as possible.
• Personal laundry during occupation is the guest’s responsibility (R70 per Load) –DIY facility on Premises. Dryer takes half the washing machine load. .Be responsible and do not leave completed laundry in the machines as others may need to use them.
• If you request that we do your laundry for you it is R120 per load wash, dry and fold. Please complete the request form and leave the laundry basket in a visible place in your unit for the housekeeper to find. Laundry is done Monday to Thursday only. There are irons and ironing boards in the units.
• Units are serviced Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
• Bedding changed once a week. If you require bedding changed before 7 days are passed, please request it. Bedding stained with blood, wine or colour-staining material will be washed the next day as stains left will be impossible to remove. You will be required to pay R40 per set of bedding changed before 7 days. Items with stains that are permanent will be charged against your key deposit.
• Fresh towels on day of arrival then also on Mondays and Thursdays – If you require fresh towels any other day please leave them on the floor and we will replace them at R30 per towel. Otherwise please hang up the towels if you do not want fresh towels. If you require fresh towels on a Saturday or Sunday, please request them on Friday as there is no service on a Saturday or Sunday and we will leave additional towels for you at R30 per towel.
• Soiled mattresses will be charged at replacement cost. Should your child need a plastic mattress protector please request one.
• If there is an electric blanket on the bed and you need it removed please let us know.
Absolutely no smoking inside this may result in the cancellation of your accommodation:
• Absolutely No smoking is allowed inside the unit! Thank you for your co-operation. If the unit has any traces of smoke or damage to bedding or furnishings or smoke smell has permeated painted surfaces and soft furnishings, you will be required to pay a fine of R1000 for the damages and extra cleaning. You may smoke outside, away from open entrances or open windows.
• No smoking inside at windows, or in the shower/ bathroom with running water or with the use of air freshener. Ash damages carpets, curtains and all synthetic surfaces and those of baths and basins and tiles.
• Your action has cancelled your accommodation and the cancellation policy will apply – early exits receive no refund.
Refund of Deposit & Cancellation of Booking:
• On cancellation, should you qualify for a refund a 10% handling fee is charged.
• The full deposit less the handling fee is refunded, if the booking is cancelled 60 days before the arrival date.
• 50% of the deposit is refunded if the booking is cancelled 60 to 30 days before the arrival date.
• 25% of the deposit is refunded if the booking is cancelled 30 to 15 days before the arrival date.
• For one-night stays that are cancelled - No refund
• No refund of deposit if the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before the arrival date. Full payment is required for “no shows” or early exit.
• Should we manage to re-let a cancelled unit, a pro rata refund will be considered.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Satellite TV*
- Parking on Premises
- 220 Volt
- Double/Twin rooms
- Iron and board
- Non smoking rooms
- Pets Not Allowed
- Special offers
- No TGCSA Grading
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling