About Dinkwe Lodge & Guest House
Dinkwe Lodge & Guest House offers upmarket accommodation where guests can find privacy, warmth, ambience and comfort in a peaceful and tranquil enclosed tropical-garden setting. We are situated in an old, well-established, tranquil and quiet neighborhood in the Moot area of Pretoria.
All of the rooms have wireless Internet, with a queen- or king-size bed, cotton-percale white linen, air-conditioning, bathrooms with a shower, luxury bathroom amenities, bathrobes and towels. There is a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a kitchenette equipped for self-catering, complimentary tea and coffee, private patios with braai facilities, and garden entrances which open onto to our lovely tropical garden.
We are only minutes away from shopping malls, most of the embassies, Loftus Versveld Stadium, Hatfield, UNISA, Pretoria University, Union Buildings, Church Square, Voortrekker Monument and other historical sights. Sun City and Pilanesberg National Park are a 90 minute drive away.
Romantic: We have two honeymoon suites with flowers, chocolates and a bottle of wine on arrival.
* Dinkwe Lodge and Guesthouse or its owners takes no responsibility for any injury death or Loss of goods while staying on the property. Guests stay and use all the facilities on the property at own risk. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed near the pool.
* A detailed list of all guests in this booking party is to be included with... * Dinkwe Lodge and Guesthouse or its owners takes no responsibility for any injury death or Loss of goods while staying on the property. Guests stay and use all the facilities on the property at own risk. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed near the pool.
* A detailed list of all guests in this booking party is to be included with the proof of payment IE.Full name, Physical address, passport origin and passport number. All guests must bring with ID Book/ Driver License or a passport on arrival in order to check in. ***
* Guest visitors are not allowed.
* Please respect the other guests. NO MUSIC, LOUD NOSE OR PARTIES AREA ALLOWED. If you ignore it your accommodation will be cancelled immediately with no refunds. Check - In: 02:00pm-6:00pm, later arrivals must be arranged in advance. Check - Out: 10:00am. Where rooms are not vacated by 10:00am an extras day’s accommodation may be charged. Bookings later than 24 hours before check-in time are not accepted.
* The management reserves the right of admission of any guest and any visitor of any guest. The Guest House shall have a lien over the luggage, clothing and personal possessions of any guest in regard to any claim against the guest what so ever.
* Payments can be made via Electronic Transfer, Visa, Master Card, Diners Club, and American Express Credit Cards. No Debit Cards accepted. The management reserves the right to verify the validity of a Credit card used to pay a booking with. In case of booking made with a credit card that cannot be verified with the owner of the credit card, the booking will be terminated.
* In the event of a guest being in breech in any of the foregoing conditions or any management rules or refusing to obey any requests of the management or committing nuisance or any act which is, in the opinion of the management detrimental to the operation of the Guest House, THE MANAGEMENT MAY FOR-WITH TERMINATE THE ACCOMMODATION FOR THAT GUEST AND ANY PERSON ACCOMPANYING THAT GUEST WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE RIGHT TO RECOVER AND DAMAGES OR LOSS SUSTAINED, INCLUDING LOSS OR INCOME ARISING FROM PREMATURE TERMINATION OF THE ACCOMMODATION. All damages/losses to any piece of Guest House property, fixture or fitting will be for the Guests account.
* All rooms are non-smoking. Should guests fail to comply with this house rule, a clean charge of a minimum of R500 will be levied against the account.
*** You may or may not be aware that as of 26 May 2014, the Immigration Act 13 of 2002 (the “Act”) has been amended. Section 40(1) of the Act, read together with Regulation 36, states that, inter alia, all hotels and motels must keep a register containing details of all persons who are provided with lodging or sleeping accommodation. The Register must, in respect of a lodger, contain:
1. his or her full names and surname;
2. a copy of his or her identification document or passport;
3. his or her residence status in the Republic; and
4. his or her normal residential address.
Under the Act each lodger must sign the register and furnish the prescribed particulars regarding himself or herself.
Penalties for non-compliance, both for the guest and the premises, include:
1. Guilty of an offence / crime;
2. Fine; and/or
3. Imprisonment for a period not exceeding 12 months.
Extracts from the Immigration Act and Regulations:
40. Keeping of registers of lodgers by certain persons
(1) The person in charge of any premises, whether furnished or unfurnished, where lodging or sleeping accommodation is provided for payment or reward shall, if those premises fall within a prescribed class, in the prescribed manner keep a register of all persons who are provided with lodging or sleeping accommodation thereon, and every such person shall sign the register and furnish therein the prescribed particulars regarding himself or herself.
Keeping of registers of lodgers by certain persons
36. (1) The classes of premises contemplated in section 40(1) of the Act are-
(a) hotels and motels;
(b) boarding houses and lodges;
(c) guest houses; and
(d) apartment buildings.
In light of the above and that there is no definition in the Act of “persons”, the interpretation is that it extends to all. see more
Reviews for Dinkwe Lodge & Guest House31 guest reviews Reviews of
4.5 out of 5 stars
Dinkwe Lodge & Guest House Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Rietfontein
(4.8 km from Rietfontein)
One of the top ten zoos in the world, The National Zoological Gardens of South Africa offers animal lovers a staggering 9 500 animals to view. Situated on 85 hectares in the heart of ‘Jacaranda City’, it’s the largest zoo in the country and is home...
(3.9 km from Rietfontein)
Pretoria has a complex and fascinating past. Initially the capital of the independent Boer republic of the Transvaal, it moved on to became one of the three capitals of South Africa and an international symbol of Apartheid.Then the turnabout came in...
(5 km from Rietfontein)
The largest zoo in South Africa, the National Zoological Gardens of South Africa also is proudly associated with the National Research Foundation. In addition to the zoo, there is an aquarium and reptile park. Children and organised groups are most...