About Deglan Cottage
Deglan Cottage – Cosy 1 Bedroom Suburban Coastal getaway
A spacious yet cosy 1-bedroom suburban coastal cottage in the well-known Holiday town of Durban kwazulu Natal South Africa. An ideal space for a romantic weekend getaway, or a family holiday with older children. The unit is useful for that impromptu time out, or for the longer vacation - when you just need to feel the sand between your toes and the Ocean breeze blowing through your hair. The well-known Umhlanga beaches are mere 10 minutes’ drive, with the more central Durban beaches just a trip down the drag. where you can meander along the promenade and watch the waves crashing on the rocks. Or get your sunbathing or surf on. Whatever ticks your beach box. Let’s not exclude the shopping and entertainment that can be found at the World Class Gateway centre, and Ushaka Marine world to mention the better-known landmarks, along with some great lesser known places to visit and explore. Such as the local golden hours farmers market, where you can browse a multitude of crafts while listening to live music under a beautiful canopy of trees. A plethora of restaurants and take away eateries to choose from in the area, to cater for all your discerning tastes, with some that will deliver to your door, or if you prefer a lunch date or a dinner date, they are all a mere 3kms down the road.
While the cottage is great for couples and families, we don’t want to exclude the business traveller, who would find the location very central to getting to the business hub of Durban. The unit is fully contained as a self-catering unit, with a private entrance and secure off-road parking. You are free to come and go as you need to. No rushing to make breakfast times or dinner times. Just your own time. Allowing you all the flexibility you need. Fully equipped to cater for laptop work on a large dining table, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
As mentioned the cottage has WIFI for those who feel the need to stay connected to the outside world, although we would recommend just switching off and enjoying some real time out. The facility is there should this be needed, along with all the other home comforts to make your stay more comfortable. There is the queen size bed with sparkling crisp clean bedding, fluffy towels for that luxurious bath or invigorating shower. Complimentary body wash and shampoo along with Extra sleeping space for the tweens or teens in the form of a Harry potter under stair sleeping alcove. Or the double bunks for the littles or biggies who don’t mind embracing the kid in themselves.
A fully kitted out kitchen and dining area for those times you need to recharge and refuel. A spacious lounge area to just hang out or watch some TV, we don’t do the DSTV thing. But you will have access to a smart Roku device which allows streaming, which offers a wider range of choice for your viewing pleasure. An in house washing machine to clean the clobber.
A large sparking blue swimming pool for cooling down on those hot and humid days, or if staying fit is your thing. The pool is a great place to get the cardio going. With barbecue/ braai facility for those alfresco meals that encourage outdoors bonding and banter. Sunsets to capture and keep in your heart, with a spectacular inland view that lights up like a fairyland at night time.
The cottage has been furnished with upcycled furniture that is a hobby of the owners, so you will find most of the furnishings, unique and bespoke with a touch of whimsy and unique flair. So, for those who enjoy this type of eccentricity, you should find the space pleasing to the eye.
Then of course there are the further outlying areas and beaches that are so worth exploring, hiking trails, cycling for the off-road enthusiasts, the sporting events at the Moses Mabhida stadium, the sharks board, diving and surfing enthusiasts to name but a few of the activities to explore in Sunny Kwazulu Natal.
We could banter on and on about the cottage and our little part of Durban, but a picture painted by words can only go so far. So, our invite is open, come see for yourself all that Durban and the surrounding area has to offer. We hope to see you soon.
Family friendly: We can accomodate families with older children, however due to the nature of the location of the cottage to the swimming pool, which cannot be cordoned off. We do not allow children under the age of 8.
Stay between 31 May 2018 and 31 Jul 2018 and get R200 off .
- Valid for 2 guests or more
- 3 night min stay (check-in between 31 May 2018 and 31 Jul 2018)
- Book before 29 May 2018 to receive this special.
Guests will be required to verify their ID before booking
Guests will be required to adhere to the following house rules
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY A DAMAGES DEPOSIT AT THE TIME OF CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. This amount is R3000.00 which will be refunded in full to you after 7 days once you have checked out and no... Guests will be required to verify their ID before booking
Guests will be required to adhere to the following house rules
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY A DAMAGES DEPOSIT AT THE TIME OF CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. This amount is R3000.00 which will be refunded in full to you after 7 days once you have checked out and no damages or loss is found.
1. Quiet Time after 11 PM please be aware this is a Residential area.
2. No Smoking in the Unit
3. No Pets
4. No Parties or Events or loud Activities
5. No Skinny Dipping in the Pool
6. No Using of Glasses Around the Pool area, accidents happen, and we would like to ensure the safety of all guests on the premises. No Screaming, running, jumping or Diving into the pool. NO reckless behaviour permitted.
CHECK IN – between 3pm and 7pm
CHECK OUT - 10 AM
7. IMPORTANT: - As we prepare the Unit based on the Number of Guests booked. Please ensure that your booking confirms the exact number of guests who will be staying in the Unit, this is to ensure that the unit is fully ready on your arrival. If on arrival any additional guests are in attendance and stay overnight, these guests will be charged for at an additional cost per head at the nightly rate specified. This will need to be amended at check in and payment made prior to keys being handed over to ensure all parties are comfortable catered for and accommodated.
We don't mind visitors at the unit while you are in attendance, we would however like to highlight as per point above, should guest’s visitors opt in to overnight, the additional nightly rate will apply.
8. IMPORTANT: - Should you find that you will not be able to make check in in time. (Between 15h00 and 19h00). Please send a message timeously to ensure that alternative check in can be arranged. We cannot be held liable for guests not gaining entry after checking in if this is not communicated to us in time.
9. A Cleaning Fee is Charged for Preparation of Unit before Arrival, should guests require additional Cleaning during their Stay, this can be arranged at an additional cost.
10. Guests have access to the full use of the Unit, and shared use of the Swimming Pool and Entertainment areas. Please be mindful of other guests that may be on the premises at the same time.
11. Deglan Cottage is situated on the property of a Family Home, please be aware among the other humans occupying the property, the property is also home to the family pets, a band of Merry well socialised canines, So Animal lovers will be welcomed with open arms.
12. House rules may be amended from time to time, so if you love the space as much as we do and visit regularly. Please always check if there have been any changes or additions to these rules.
Right of Admission is reserved; and the property owner is not responsible for any damage or injury caused to any person or property whilst staying or visiting on the premises or using any facilities contained within.
We wish you a wonderful stay.
Deglan Cottage Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Park Hill
(2.3 km from Park Hill)
Get in touch with your wild side with the luminous feathered inhabitants of Umgeni River Bird Park. Tumbling waterfalls, lush semi-tropical vegetation, lively birds singing and squawking, walk-through aviaries and open paddocks contribute to make...
(1.3 km from Park Hill)
Riverside Day Spa invites you to experience a sensory journey as they rejuvenate your body and refresh your mind. They will leave you relaxed and renewed. Join them for a day of pure pleasure, you will be inspired and enlivened. Riverside has an...
(2 km from Park Hill)
The gardens feature Japanese stuctures laid out in a traditional style. The Japanese Garden ponds attract a variety of water birds. There are picnic areas and a playground. The gardens are open seven days a week and entrance is free
(2.5 km from Park Hill)
The Beachwood Mangroves is a delightful mangrove estuary lying north of the Umgeni River Mouth. Within the nature reserve are red, white and black mangroves, fiddler crabs, mudskippers, kingfishers and other bird species. Several interesting walking...