About Carien's Corner
Welcome to Carien's Corner.
Carien's Corner is a well-equipped self-catering unit in Yzerfontein and walking distance from the beach, the deli and campsite. This unit is all you need for a comfortable stay away from home and provides you with all the needs for a self-catering stay.
Your car is parked in the shade and there is a small but comfortable area to braai.
1 room with a double bed. The house is equipped with a fridge freezer, microwave, 2 plate stove, toaster, DStv, linen and towels. We also have complimentary coffee, tea, milk, sugar, sunlight liquid and toilet paper.
There is an external braai area and your hostess Carien will attend to all your specific need.
Attractions in the area include the 16 Mile Beach, Arts & Crafts Shop, Grotto Bay Trails and the Dassen Island Lighthouse.
Things to do in Yzerfontein:
1. Bird watchers can try and spot the endangered Black Tobie on the beach or head to the saltpans to view the Pelicans and Flamingos.
2. Be on the lookout for Southern Right and Humpback whales who frequent the area for most of the year.
3. Enjoy the indigenous gardens, which can be seen everywhere.
4. The main beach is the original area where former farmers of the area used to stockpile their cattle.
5. Visit and view the rock excavations located just before the harbour entrance.
6. Visit the Kalkbranders, located next to the oldest building in Yzerfontein, the Fish House, and learn about its history.
7. Visit the beach near Kelp Street during low tide and try and spot the abandoned tractor. Locals will be able to fill you in on the background story while you get to know the area.
8. Order a picnic basket, visit Schaapeiland and take a walk along the footpath to the harbour.
9. Enjoy the sunset from the harbour wall and look out over Meeurots with the 16 Mile Beach in the distance.
10. Enjoy some Gift Shop shopping by popping in at Pretty Cute, Wild Flour, PeriWinkles, and Blikaspaai.
11. Fresh Fish is for sale from fishermen arriving at the port at the Fish Market. Or you can buy frozen products from Dassen Seafoods.
12. On your way to Yzerfontein, don’t forget to stop at Weskus Padstal and Beaulah Farm Deli on the R27
13. Enjoy coffee and conversation at Wild Flour, Feast, Boathouse, Beaches and Droograk.
14. Freshly baked goods and delicious coffee is on offer at Rosemead Artisan Bakery.
15. Tuck into fresh seafood in the open air Strandkombuis restaurant.
16. Keep a look out for camels on the R315
17. Enjoy dinner at Meeurots and Lulas
18. Friday nights are Pizza nights at Yzervark Bistro
19. Walk all of, or part of, the 16 Mile Beach.
20. Rent bicycles from Yzerfontein Explorer and see the town on two wheels!
21. Enjoy a wide variety of watersports in Yzerfontein
22. Yzerfontein offers unlimited bike routes – just bring your bike or rent one.
23. Walk the town at your leisure
24. Join the Park Run / Walk every Saturday morning.
25. Walk up Klein Windhoek farm.
Romantic: This is a cute little place!
Please note that this is a rate for a 2 or more nights booking. A 1 night only reservation will attract an additional fee of R70 payable on arrival.
If a third person wants to join you we charge an additional R100 per night on arrival
Carien's Corner Rooms
Reviews for Carien's Corner1 guest review Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
Carien's Corner Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling