About Buffalo Gorge
Buffalo Gorge is situated on a farm located 35 km north of Middelburg in Mpumalanga. The farm offers a wide variety of adventure activities and accommodation is provided in tents as well as open Campsites.
This rustic bush camp consists of a 16-man tent, four spacious six-man tents and 14 four-man dome tents with mattresses, as well as 20 private Campsites for your own tents and caravans. A 12 m boma is protected from the elements and a canvas tent pitched in a beautiful private nook of the camp provides a romantic bush honeymoon for newly-weds.
There is a fully equipped communal bush kitchen with fridge and freezer facilities. Ablution facilities as well as hot showers will enhance your visit. Buffalo Gorge also promotes healthy living among youngsters through eco adventure and training in a beautiful nature setting.
Guests can enjoy a wide variety of activities including horse riding, paintball, 4x4 trails, rock climbing and much more. Programs can be put together for groups, and the venue is malaria free and pet friendly. Day visitors are also welcome.
The rate displayed for the Honeymoon Nook is applicable for a weekend for two guests and includes a free 4 x 4, provided you have your own 4 x 4 vehicle.
Additional fees are charged for every vehicle entering the farm. Please enquire about rates for mattresses, firewood and any other extras.Bookings that fall on a long weekend, you will be charged for the full duration of the long weekend.
Rules and Regulations:
4X4 Eco Family Safari
4X4 Utility Quad Bike... Additional fees are charged for every vehicle entering the farm. Please enquire about rates for mattresses, firewood and any other extras.Bookings that fall on a long weekend, you will be charged for the full duration of the long weekend.
Rules and Regulations:
4X4 Eco Family Safari
4X4 Utility Quad Bike Rules
1. All activities at Buffalo Gorge are done at own risk & indemnity form must be signed upon arrival. (Indemnity form is on pg. 3)
2. Please adhere to “life-skills rules” (pg2) and take care to conserve nature.
3. Strictly keep only to Eco 4X4 Safari TRACKS.
4. Keep all gates properly closed.
5. Please drive anti-clockwise (“ONE WAY”) only.
6. Maximum speeds limit 20km per hour.
7. All Quad riders must wear “Crash Helmets”.
8. No “doughnut” spinning allowed (will lead to soil erosion).
9. Keep following distance ± 5 Quad lengths.
10. Young riders under 16 must be accompanied by a Adult
11. At least 2 Quads per ride.
12. Riders who are not following the rules will be asked to leave.
At Buffalo Gorge safety and security is high on our agenda and that is why no expenses are spared to keep this a safe and secure environment.
1. Helmets are compulsory. No helmets - no climbing.
* Mountaineering (climbing and hiking) is de facto an activity which carries certain risks. Neither the Buffalo Gorge, nor any of its employees accept responsibility for any deaths, injury or illness sustained or suffered by any person during these activities.
* All bolting at Buffalo Gorge is done with professionally certified and rated glue bolts and hangers of high quality.
Eco-Life Skills Rules
1. Leave only footprints & take only photographs.
2. Take off your watch, forget about time, and put your cell phone away.
3. You must be able to identify 5 different types of trees.
4. Do not stoke the “Donkey” excessively - it will cause the pipes to burst.
5. Put out the fire at the braai area.
6. Braai only at the main braai area during winter. At private campsite, use only charcoal and blitz.
7. Children should not walk or wander on their own.
8. No sharp objects in the swimming pool.
9. No matresses are allowed outside.
10. Use only firewood supplied by owner (R150) or brought by yourself - do not disturb the eco - system.
11. Do not throw cigarettes around - use supplied container at base camp.
12. Hikers must write the following information on notice board: name, hike (colour), number of people & time - please remove upon return.
13. Save the Dung Beetle - do not drive over Horse manure.
14. The Rufous-cheeked Night Jar sits in the road from early evening - please be alert.
15. Visitors book - please complete.
16. Bamboo bush - please do not stand or write on new shoots.
17. Food scraps - please place in the container provided in the kitchen.
18. Please do not feed the monkeys.
19. Indemnity forms must be completed upon arrival (next page)
20. No music - But arrangements can be made, as long as other visitors are not disturbed.
21. Please do not ride on the plastic chairs, there are Horses to ride on.
22. The hiring of equipment - see separate list.
23. The main gate at the camp area must be locked at 18h00 & key deposited in the container upon departure.
24. When hiking the different routes, please keep all gates closed.
25. Please do not tip the workers.
WE TRUST THAT THESE RULES WILL BE ADHERED TO, IF NOT, YOU MIGHT BE ASKED TO
LEAVE THE CAMP AREA.
Reviews for Buffalo Gorge6 guest reviews Reviews of
3.5 out of 5 stars
Buffalo Gorge Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Middelburg - Mpumalanga
(0 km from Middelburg - Mpumalanga)
Middelburg Mall houses over 90 shops including leading SA grocery and departments stores Checkers, Woolworths, Edgars, Pick ‘n Pay and Game. The Mall also offers more than a dozen restaurants, fast food and coffee shops. The full house of local...
(2.2 km from Middelburg - Mpumalanga)
Middelburg Country Club offers avid players an 18-hole golf course, which has hosted many championship tournaments in the past, and still provides a challenge with it's sloping kikuyu fairways, bent greens, and veld grass rough. Visitors are all...
(3.3 km from Middelburg - Mpumalanga)
A cosy bar with live entertainment every Friday evening. We have big screen televisions, pool tables, snooker tables, gambling machines and an Autobank.
(25.3 km from Middelburg - Mpumalanga)
Highveld Mall is a comprehensive shopping destination catering for the needs of shoppers as far as Middelburg, Belfast, Ogies, Kriel and Swaziland. The mall features over 150 stores including Sportsman’s and Outdoor Warehouse, leading clothing...