Bergsicht Country Farm Cottages
About Bergsicht Country Farm Cottages
Bergsicht Country Farm Cottages is located on a working farm located 7km outside Tulbagh, just 120 km from Cape Town. This hidden gem offers something for the whole family. Whether it be for a sleep-over when attending a wedding, or for coming to explore the beautiful valley with all its activities, a stay-over at one of Bergsicht Country Cottages will renew you and your loved ones.
Accommodation is available in 5 self-catering cottages with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and farmland. Sunburst Cottage can accommodate up to 6 people. Ruby Star can accommodate 4 people, African Delight accommodates 3 people and Lady Red & Angelino offer romantic stays for couples.
We also have self-catering accommodation available in the town, please search for Bergsicht Country Town Cottages.
Spa: Mobile Spa treatments available in the privacy of your cottage, ask us for details on pre-booking.
Golf: Ceres Golf Course 30km from the farm
Romantic: Cosy self-catering cottages, for couples with fireplaces, braai facilities & splash-plunge pools (some heated), luxury linen. Tranquil setting with stunning mountain views. Great for romantic stays.
These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and...
These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below. By booking and staying with us we assume that you agree to our policies, terms and conditions and it is as binding as any other form of contract.
Confirmation of Booking:
• Your provisional booking will be confirmed and secured when we acknowledge receipt of the required
documents. These must be emailed to us within 48 hours of it being sent to you. Prior to that, the booking
will only be regarded as provisional.
• Provisional bookings are only kept for 48 hours, after which the system automatically deletes them.
• Special arrangement needs to be made if you wish to make payment at a different date. If the payment is
not received by this set date the system deletes the provisional booking.
Documents we require:
1. Proof of the deposit payment if you booked directly (telephone/email/own website) with us. Please refer
to our payment policy below for further details.
2. The registration form - completed and signed. We will send this via email.
3. Copy of valid identification: ID / a Passport / a Driver’s License
• A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, to be paid by EFT/Bank deposit/ credit card.
• If you book within 7 days of arrival full payment is required;
• Full payment applies for one-night reservations (Minimum Stay Terms & Conditions apply);
• An invoice will be sent to you with Bergsicht’s bank account details and payment reference number.
Please use this reference number. If you have booked via an online supplier we will still send the invoice
as proof that payment has been received via the online supplier.
• Credit Card: For all credit card payments, an online secure gateway Paybridge - is used
(Please refer to the Paybridge section below explaining in detail)
Please note there are NO credit card payment facilities on site, therefore, we are not able to process any
card payments and we do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
• The balance owing is payable in the week (5 days) before the date of arrival via EFT / Direct bank
We will send a reminder for the balance payment. Special arrangement can be made to pay the balance
in cash on arrival.
• Midweek (Sundays – Thursdays) One or more nights can be booked
• Weekends: 2 Nights or more can be booked
• Certain dates around school holidays, public holidays and long weekends have special minimum stay requirements varying from 2 to 4 nights
Arrival, Departure & Key Collection
• You will be able to check in between the hours of 14:00 and 19:00, unless otherwise arranged.
• Remember we do not have a reception/check-in desk, we will meet you at your cottage.
• Please let us know your estimated time of arrival, to ensure that your accommodation is ready for you.
• The written directions and key collection instructions for your cottage are attached to your reservation
email. Please use this, a lot of care has been taken to ensure that you arrive at your destination.
• We request that you vacate your cottage by 10:00 am on the day of departure unless otherwise
We ask that you please respect the peace and quiet we offer to all our guests.
Damage and Breakage
We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. We do however reserve the right to invoice you for any damage or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any period of time for which it is considered unusable due to damage.
Due to the very strict water restrictions in place, we ask that you do not use any soap/bubble products in the wood fire heated hot tubs. It reacts with the chlorine and damages the filtration system. It takes 2000 – 3000 litres to drain, clean, flush and refill a tub. Should this happen you will be fined R 2000-00.
In agreeing to our terms and conditions, you understand that you will receive an invoice that you will have to settle via EFT or in cash upon departure or after the fact.
• We are a No Smoking inside establishment.
• NO cigarette smoking, “hubbly bubblies”, e-cigarettes or vaping are allowed inside accommodation.
• Smoking on patios and stoeps are permitted. Please, no littering.
• Sorry, we do not accept any pets.
Cancellation by you
1. Cancellations made within 10 days of the scheduled arrival date require full payment.
2. Cancellations made within a month of the scheduled arrival date will be refunded 50% of the deposit
3. Cancellations made a month or more prior to the scheduled arrival date will be 100% refundable.
4. If you cancel before arrival or fail to check in ("no-show") or leave before your due departure date, we
reserve the right to charge you for the full balance due for the whole of your booking,
• NOTE: Where possible we will try and re-let the accommodation to see if we can facilitate a full refund
for points 1 -3.
If the accommodation is not re-let, the cancellation policy stands as set out in points 1 -3.
Cancellation by us
• In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your booking, due to circumstances beyond our control,
we will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available (or
unacceptable to you) then we will refund all monies already paid by you and confirm that you will not be
liable for any further payments to us.
• Please request a booking postponement in writing and send via email, we will gladly try and assist with
suitable dates of alternative availability.
• If we can’t assist with suitable dates, please refer to our cancellation policy.
Bergsicht Country Farm Cottages Rooms
Bergsicht Country Farm Cottages Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Tulbagh
(0.3 km from Tulbagh)
Vindoux Day Spa provides guests a personal spa experience. Highly qualified therapists will guide and treat you through your healing journey with expert hands. Treatments are Fynbos inspired, giving them a unique feel and aroma, combined with an...
(0.6 km from Tulbagh)
Amazing selection of succulents, cacti, garden stones, gemstones, crystals, mineral specimens and beads. Local art, gifts and magnificent fresh protea bouquets. A treasure trove of delights.
(6.1 km from Tulbagh)
Situated 125 km from Cape Town, Tulbagh has become a secret find for hipsters. The wine farm, Twee Jonge Gezellen, is in the North-West corner of this intriguing valley. The vineyards reach up to the east-facing slopes of the Saron Peak, while the...