About Apartment 6
We welcome you to Apartment 6 Seaview Centre, Yzerfontein where you will find privacy, relaxation and comfortable upmarket accommodation.
This guest unit is on the first floor of the Seaview Centre with its own entrance and onsite parking and will be entirely yours for the duration of your stay. Room 1 has a queen size bed with full en-suite bathroom with a bath, shower, basin, and toilet. Room 2 has single beds with separate full guest bathroom with a bath, shower, basin, and toilet. Fully equipped kitchen and scullery with washing machine and dishwasher. Dining room with table and chairs for 6 people is also available. The living and braai area has full DStv, lounge and indoor braai.
Only 60 minutes from the center of Cape Town, Yzerfontein is situated near the Swartland wine route where you can experience intimate wine tastings in rustic cellars, followed by lunch in one of the many unique restaurants. Walking distance from the beach, you can enjoy swimming in the ocean at the 16 mile beach in Yzerfontein, or watch whales as they frolic in the surf.
Things to do in Yzerfontein:
1. Bird watchers can try and spot the endangered Black Tobie on the beach or head to the saltpans to view the Pelicans and Flamingos.
2. Be on the lookout for Southern Right and Humpback whales who frequent the area for most of the year.
3. Enjoy the indigenous gardens, which can be seen everywhere.
4. The main beach is the original area where former farmers of the area used to stockpile their cattle.
5. Visit and view the rock excavations located just before the harbour entrance.
6. Visit the Kalkbranders, located next to the oldest building in Yzerfontein, the Fish House, and learn about its history.
7. Visit the beach near Kelp Street during low tide and try and spot the abandoned tractor. Locals will be able to fill you in on the background story while you get to know the area.
8. Order a picnic basket, visit Schaapeiland and take a walk along the footpath to the harbour.
9. Enjoy the sunset from the harbour wall and look out over Meeurots with the 16 Mile Beach in the distance.
10. Enjoy some Gift Shop shopping by popping in at Pretty Cute, Wild Flour, PeriWinkles, and Blikaspaai.
11. Fresh Fish is for sale from fishermen arriving at the port at the Fish Market. Or you can buy frozen products from Dassen Seafoods.
12. On your way to Yzerfontein, don’t forget to stop at Weskus Padstal and Beaulah Farm Deli on the R27
13. Enjoy coffee and conversation at Wild Flour, Feast, Boathouse, Beaches and Droograk.
14. Freshly baked goods and delicious coffee is on offer at Rosemead Artisan Bakery.
15. Tuck into fresh seafood in the open air Strandkombuis restaurant.
16. Keep a look out for camels on the R315
17. Enjoy dinner at Meeurots and Lulas
18. Friday nights are Pizza nights at Yzervark Bistro
19. Walk all of, or part of, the 16 Mile Beach.
20. Rent bicycles from Yzerfontein Explorer and see the town on two wheels!
21. Enjoy a wide variety of watersports in Yzerfontein
22. Yzerfontein offers unlimited bike routes – just bring your bike or rent one.
23. Walk the town at your leisure
24. Join the Park Run / Walk every Saturday morning.
25. Walk up Klein Windhoek farm.
Stay between 24 Jan 2019 and 30 Mar 2019 and get 20% off.
Reviews for Apartment 61 guest review Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
Apartment 6 Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling