About 1892 Spookhuis
Completely built of stacked limestone blocks in 1892, the Spookhuis is a local landmark and legend in South African history. It is the home to our daytime café on the water and a magnificent venue and setting for weddings, family events and conferences.
Delicious gourmet picnics, homemade baked good, soups, jams, chutneys and organic produce are available. Our wine cellar highlights the Hemel en Aarde and Walker Bay wine regions, including Creation, Hamilton Russell, Bouchard Finlayson, Sprinfontein, Raka and Jackson's.
Directions to 1892 SpookhuisFrom Cape Town/Airport:
• Take the N2 past the airport to Somerset West;
• Follow the N2 over Sir Lowry's Pass and Houwhoek Pass;
• Turn onto the R43 to Hermanus;
• Drive through Hermanus to Stanford;
• Turn right onto Queen Victoria Street and drive 0.9 km;
• Turn left onto Moore Street;
• Drive 0.4 km to the stop sign;
• Continue straight on the gravel road for 7 km to the Mosaic entrance and sign;
• Continue on the road for 3 km, following the signs to the 1892 Spookhuis;
• Park in the parking area and walk under the milkwood trees to the Spookhius.
Reviews for 1892 Spookhuis1 review Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
Accommodation near 1892 Spookhuis
1892 Spookhuis Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling