About The Toad on the Road
The Toad on the Road is a family orientated restaurant and bar. The outdoor area has a small children’s playground to keep the kiddies entertained while the adults have a relaxing meal. The two decks have been carpeted with artificial grass which really adds to the outdoor feel.
The interior is non-smoking and divided into two sections, namely the restaurant area and bar area. There is plenty of seating space and TVs have been mounted indoors and outdoors to make sure everyone can enjoy their favourite sports.
The menu is has a bit of everything with the pizzas being one of the best options; crispy with interesting fresh ingredients. There are continuous specials to look out for such as Monday Curry Nights. Try anything from a salad to a burger, beef trinchada to venison pie or calamari to eisbein. View the website or call for updated details.
Whether sun or rain, this is a superb hang out for the whole family and friends.
Directions to The Toad on the RoadFrom Cape Town International Airport:
• Head west towards Settlers Way/N2;
• Merge onto Settlers Way/N2 in the direction of Cape Town City;
• Travel for 10.2 km and then take exit 6 for Rhodes Drive towards the M3/Observatory/Muizenberg;
• Merge onto Rhodes Drive and continue for 2.2 km;
• Continue onto Union Avenue and drive for 1.6 km;
• Continue onto Paradise Road;
• Keep a slight right to stay on Paradise Road;
• Continue onto Edinburgh Drive and travel for 4 km;
• Continue onto Simon van der Stel Road/M3 and drive for 7.6 km;
• Turn left onto Steenberg Road/M42 (signs for Steenberg/Muizenberg/Westlake);
• Turn right onto Main Road;
• Turn right onto Boyes Drive and your destination will be on the right-hand side.
Accommodation near The Toad on the Road
The Toad on the Road Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling