About American Corndogs
A visit to Canal Walk Shopping Centre is not a visit to Canal Walk Shopping Centre without stopping for at least one American corn dog.
The corn dog is arguably America's most popular 'meat-on-a-stick'. It is made by taking a delicious sausage, impaling it on a not-so-delicious stick, covering it in corn flour, and obviously deep frying it until it has a beautiful, golden brown colour. Try a peanut butter cup and a very American Dr Pepper or Cherry Coke with it and you'll feel as close as can be to the stars and stripes.
This wacky take away outlet is situated right in the middle of the food court and is open 24 hours - very American indeed. This little gem is something to experience.
Directions to American CorndogsFrom Cape Town International Airport:
• Head west and merge onto Airport Approach Road;
• Follow the road and after 1.6 km, merge onto Settlers Way/N2 via the ramp to Cape Town;
• Travel for 9.4 km and take exit 9 to merge onto the M5 towards the N1/Milnerton;
• After 3.6 km, take the exit to Table Bay Boulevard/N1 towards Paarl and keep left at the fork;
• Continue to follow the road towards Century City Drive and after 800 m, keep left at the fork;
• Turn slightly left onto Century City Drive and after 170 m, turn left onto Century City Drive;
• After 400 m, turn right and follow the road towards Canal Walk Shopping Centre.
Accommodation near American Corndogs
American Corndogs Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling