Discover aromas, tastes and colours of true North Indian cuisine, dining on excellence and traditional fare in a warm and cosy interior that invites intimacy and elegance.
Plush carpets balance authentic Indian art, dark seductive splashes of red, dimly lit by romantic lighting and spacious interior set the mood for a perfect intimate candlelit dinner.
The menu offers choice of some exciting starters such as individual or meze portions brimming with Chicken Tikka, Onion Bhaji and Fish Amritsari.
The main specialties include the Chicken Tikka Masala, Prawn Vindaloo and the exciting vegetarian Aloo Sag, which are potatoes cooked to perfection in deliciously spiced spinach gravy.
To end off your meal you could go for the exquisite Maharaja Specialty kulfi, a special Indian ice cream infused with saffron and green cardamon.
Enjoy dining on fine Indian cuisine and a selection of estate South African wines, complimented by glorious sunsets and the evening sparkle of city lights at Maharaja in Bryanstan.
Directions to MaharajaFrom Roodepoort:
• Head northeast on 4th Street toward 1st Avenue;
• After 600 m, continue onto Paul Kruger Avenue;
• After 350 m, turn right onto Kilburn Street;
• After 750 m, continue onto Honeyball Avenue;
• Travel for 2.1 km, continue onto Louis Botha Drive;
• After 700 m, turn left onto Daniel Malan Avenue;
• After 110 m, take the 1st right onto William Nicol Street;
• After 400 m, take the 2nd left to stay on William Nicol Street
• After 1.6 km, continue onto 14th Avenue;
• After 170 m, take the ramp to N1/Pretoria toll road;
• After 500 m, merge onto N1 Western Bypass a toll road;
• Continue for 14.8 km, and take exit 95 for William Nicol Drive toward Sandton/R511;
• After 400 m, make a slight right onto William Nicol Drive
• After 500 m, take the 1st right onto Sloane Street;
• After 110 m, Maharaja will be on the left.
Accommodation near Maharaja
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling