About Riemvasmaak Hot Springs
Riemvasmaak is found between the Orange and the dry Molopo Rivers. It is about 57 km from Kakamas and 170 km from the Nakop border post with Namibia. The area is 75 000 ha of sheer mountain desert and wilderness. The landscape was formed by volcanic activity millions of years ago.
Visitors can unwind in the hot springs with 80 m granite cliffs surrounding them. Two swimming pools are built at the hot springs, of which one has been shaped on a conversation pit.
Directions to Riemvasmaak Hot SpringsFrom the turn-off to Augrabies Falls National Park on the R359:
• Continue west for about 18 km to the Blouputs/Vredesvallei turn-off;
• Turn north and take the scenic route down into the Blouputs Valley;
• From the small pass you can see the new bridge and village at Vredesvallei;
• The tar road crosses the river and goes through the village;
• Follow this until it becomes dirt;
• The hot springs are 12 km up this road;
• A bit of clearance is all it needs.
Reviews for Riemvasmaak Hot Springs4 reviews Reviews of
3.8 out of 5 stars
Accommodation near Riemvasmaak Hot Springs
Riemvasmaak Hot Springs Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling