Not up to 3-star standard Leigh-Robin Bainbridge, South Africa
26 November 2012
We stayed at African Sun Guest House in November 2012. This establishment is rated 3-star but it is definitely not up to standard and very overpriced.
- There were cobwebs and dust along the ceiling and a dead fly on the bathroom windowsill.
- There was hair on the inside of the duvet, it had clearly not been washed since the last guests stayed there.
- Dirty cups and crockery to be found in the kitchenette. (which had no sink)
- Only one set of towels, even though it was a double room.
- General cleanliness is lacking.
The garden is beautiful, but we certainly won't stay there again.
Just to let you know that the inspector for the star rating gave me a very high 3 Star and my rates are far lower than others in my area.
This lady was the only person in 8 years who ever complained and I did not charge her the balance oustanding.
You never please everyone and unfortunatly some are just impossible. By the way the dead fly in the window cill was a poor little bee.
Beautiful place Sarah Harrington, Lesotho
25 December 2011
The African Sun Guest House is spacious and well set up. We appreciated having our own little boiler, toaster, microwave, and even mini-fridge. What a great deal!
The only unfortunate part was the lack of hot water in the shower. This would be a great place to bring a group since there is ample space for gathering.