Jiveshri Naidoo, South Africa
21 July 2014
I absolutely cannot emphasise how PERFECT Stillpoint Country Manor is. The staff were well trained and sooo friendly, the food exquisite and the room was gorgeous!! Could not find a single fault. BF and I have revived our love after our stay over here. Perfect for an intimate, romantic getaway. Will be back soon and for much longer.
Melanie Mewald, South Africa
22 June 2014
What shall I say? It was supposed to be our mummy-to-be-honeymoon-getaway, but except for beautiful rooms and a staff that stayed friendly at all times, everything that could go wrong, went wrong.
In order not to publish my experiences here, I contacted the management. Except for an email which stated that one would look into the matter that very evening to get back to me asap, nothing has happened, not even after nearly a week has passed by.
I am too tired and terribly ill due to the lack of sufficient heating there to share details. However, quality for money looks completely different.
To end positively, the physiotherapist who came from outside to do the massages, was absolutely fantastic.
Lindi Dlamini, South Africa
17 June 2014
We really enjoyed our stay @ Stillpoint, the place is beautiful and the staff was very friendly.
The service was great and the food was good I must say if I need some quality time in the future I will not hesitate to go back to Stillpoint.
Rina Smit, Namibia
22 May 2014
To Marnel and all the staff of Stillpoint Country Manor thank you for a wonderful time. I enjoyed every minute. Staff are very friendly and helpful, my room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great. I will most certainly recommend anyone to stay at Stillpoint.
Heloise Zeedijk, South Africa
28 April 2014
Wow! What a wonderful romantic getaway! Everyone is super friendly and helpful, from the staff at the gate as you arrive, right through. A special thanks to Rosie, Livingstone and Kenneth. The ammenities are excellent and the food divine. Will definitely go again!
Elca Van Heerden, South Africa
24 February 2014
It was perfect, everything I hoped for. They were friendly, professional, and made the evening perfect. Thanks Denise and "Chicken" for treating us like royalty. :)
Lindsay , South Africa
10 February 2014
Was much nicer than I had expected. The food was simply divine and the surroundings are really peaceful. Staff incredibly friendly. Would definitely go back! Excellent value for money
Wonderful romantic night away
Natalie Clark, South Africa
19 January 2014
We had a very pleasant experience at Stillpoint Country Manor. The staff are amazing and so professional. Our private dinner experience was wonderful, the food was divine and Stillpoint really set the scene for a romantic night. The accommodation was great. It is wonderful to feel like you are out in the country yet you are 10 mins away from Fourways Mall etc. We loved it! Their one night romance package really is worth it.
Gerhard Bronkhorst, South Africa
11 November 2013
Very friendly and good service, Denise was very friendly and made it very special for us.
Tanya Hutton, South Africa
28 October 2013
My wife and I stayed at Stillpoint Manor on the 26th of October 2013 in room 12 as a birthday treat for me. We were initially both excited to spend a night away from the kids but left a little disappointed after our experience. Bearing in mind that the lodge boasts a 4 star rating, we were disappointed with the following:
- On arrival at the gate I was asked by the security guard whether I had a pen on me so that I could sign my wife and I in as he did not have one himself. Petty, but not really how you would like to be welcomed at a 4 star establishment.
- Our room, #12, behind the pool, had an outside patio/garden with a table and chairs. Quite nice initially, until I realised that the outside door leading off the patio opened up directly and looked straight into the back of the pool bar! This immediately erased all thoughts of us having a "romantic" dinner outside. I tried to close the door but the frame had warped such that one could not close it in the door frame. When I mentioned this to Denise I was told that she "doesn't get out here much" to have noticed the door;
- I then tried to run the bath. At a good guess I reckon that it would have taken close to half an hour to have filled the bath in order to enjoy it fully. The water pressure was that low. Some small touches that I would have expected but were missing were the lack of bubble bath and candles (there were candle holders but these were empty). On the website there is a really nice picture of a bath lit with candles and filled with bubbles. At least I managed to salvage the candles left over from the massage to recreate what I saw in the pictures;
- The swimming pool looked nothing like the sparkling blue pool that I saw in the pictures on the internet. Instead the pool looked as if it hadn't been cleaned for days and was most uninviting to say the least;
- Service levels were not great. Whilst watching the rugby I asked for some crisps only to be brought the crisps 50 mins into the game when I had to leave. At dinner we ordered two Cokes only to have to ask the waiter to follow-up on the Cokes 10 minutes later after forgetting about them (this bearing in mind that we were the only people in the restaurant).
- Dinner was good and most probably the highlight of the evening.
- On check out, my wife was told that she owed the full amount of for the weekend, this after having paid the full fee prior to arriving. This was explained and a revised statement generated, still with the incorrect amount showing as outstanding. When my wife queried this again she was told that the establishment does not check their bank statements that often and didn't know whether she had paid or not.
Above are some of the points the we felt detracted from making our evening out a truly special and memorable one.
These may all be little things but when compounded forces one to concentrate more on the negative experiences than the positive ones.
Maybe we just chose the wrong weekend to stay over at the lodge, but I would definitely not rush beck there in a hurry. With the choices available out and around Gauteng I would rather spend my time and money somewhere else.
Martin van der Merwe, South Africa
10 October 2013
We were surprised by our experience of the peace and quiet at this establishment, as it is very centrally situated. We were treated professionally by all staff at all times. The restaurant provided excellent breakfasts and dinners. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and were particularly impressed by the attention to detail by the staff at Stillpoint. We left, feeling we had made friends, and that we had spent much longer than just the two days we were pampered. We look forward to another visit soon.
Michele Combrinck, South Africa
02 September 2013
Friendly staff, great rooms.
toni sanyaman, South Africa
07 August 2013
Spent one night, the room was beautifully prepared for us, we loved it to bits. The dinner & breakfast were great, very personalised service. Absolutely, nothing to complain about.
Ansa Kotze, South Africa
04 August 2013
What a lovely weekend. All of the staff were great and took great care of us in every possible way. Will definitely be going there again.
Wonderful break away
Shruti Arunkumar, South Africa
22 July 2013
We spent 2 nights at Stillpoint Manor to celebrate our anniversary.
We had a wonderful experience with friendly and attentive staff, delicious home cooked meals and beautiful rooms. Not much to do on the premises so it is ideal to just kick back and relax with a good book or good company.
zane alexander, South Africa
15 July 2013
I would just like to say thanks to Stillpoint and their staff for the lovey stay. It was an amazing experience and my wife loved the surprise. It was our babymoon and was perfect.
Thanks again for the friendly service and the attention to detail display.
steve finch, South Africa
08 July 2013
Very impressed with Stillpoint, the rooms, staff, service and food are all very very good.
martin havenga, South Africa
27 May 2013
Thank you for making this one of the most romantic and special evenings of my life. With a private dinner, massages and great food. Everything was just perfect.
Margaret Steyn, South Africa
29 January 2013
We enjoyed every second at Stillpoint. The staff are friendly helpful and made us feel at home the moment we arrived there. Osman and Lerato a job done excellently The owners (the Edwards)also made such and effort to make us feel pampered and comfortable.
A huge thank you to everybody there we had an awesome time!!
Sonya Sarris, South Africa
30 April 2012
Had a lovely time at Stillpoint Country Manor, the staff were friendly and attentive. They made my husband's birthday feel very special, especially the Private Dinner that they organised. It was amazing.
thapelo Letsoalo, South Africa
02 April 2012
We had the best time ever! It is very private with friendly staff, great food and they went all out to make sure that our anniversary was perfect. The romantic dinner was out of this world. 'Big-up' to the chef! We will recommend this venue to anyone that needs to rekindle their romance!
Christine Fick, South Africa
20 June 2011
My boyfriend and I spent Friday night at StillPoint. We wanted to get away for a night and didn't want to travel far. I checked the net and found StillPoint and I will never regret the decision we made to go there. It was one of the best nights we have had in a very long time. Talk about relaxation. The room we were in was lovely and everything you could want was there. It was a quick escape from reality and a break from our every day stressful lifestyle. We will definitely recommend StillPoint to all our friends and we will be going back there. The staff was so friendly and helpful and tried to make our experience all the better. The food was great and the kitchen staff were also very friendly.