Southern Comfort Lodge - 1. Nice gardens
2. Quiet location
3. Room and bathroom had tons of ants. Bed was covered in them.
4. Poor bathroom supplies (no shampoo, conditioner etc)
5. The office was rarely attended, so everytime we needed anything, the managers had to be from the other end of the property.
6. Breakfasts were disappointing
7. Best chocolate mousse ever
8. No credit card facilities for payment was inconvenient as operating ATM's in Bulawayo was extremely difficult to find.
9. Lovely cleaning lady and restaurant staff
10. Overall it was disappointing and I wouldn't stay again.
Megan Bath, Australia Australia
Definitely recommended - My husband and I camped at Southern Comfort Lodge in August 2012. We were greeted and treated as respected guests and provided with information on local shopping, garages etc. We had a meal in the restaurant. The campsite was grassed and shady and we had plenty of room for our off-road trailer and tent. Security was good too. We will definitely recommend this place to others looking for a campsite in Bulawayo.
Sally King, South Africa South Africa
Definite comfort - As an overnight camp, Southern Comfort is a perfect place to be.
The owners make you feel especially welcome and are great in their hospitality! Do try their most gorgeous and bestest chocolate mousse we have ever eaten in our lives. Delish! Will definitely recommend.
Lineke van der Brugghen, South Africa South Africa
Stay at Southern Comfort Lodge - The rooms were tidy and excellent. We really felt at home! The personnel was friendly and assist me very well. Hopefully in the future I will book for a second time. Keep up the good hospitality!
Naomi Jacobs, Namibia Namibia
Enjoyable - We had a very enjoyable two days. The place is very well maintained and spotlessly clean with lovely gardens. Staff are friendly and helpful. Loved the great log fire.
Patricia Bond, South Africa South Africa