I stayed for two separate nights at the Southern Comfort Lodge. One night I used their camping facilities and one night I stayed in one of their double rooms. The owners are very nice and helpful people who gave me a warm welcome. They run a lovely bar and restaurant, there’s secure parking and free wifi. The grounds are beautiful and very well looked after.
Camping - very nice camping spots at one end of the grounds with shared ablution block and individual braai stand as well as light and power supply to charge batteries etc.
Rooms - very nice rooms with en-suite bathroom, with large bed, fan, TV, kettle, complimentary mineral water, tee, coffee.
I can highly recommend Southern Comfort Lodge and I would stay there again next time I am in Bulawayo!
Martina Gabay, Switzerland
21 October 2014
It was simply amazing, like an oasis in the desert! Les, hubby and team were simply awesome. It was the highlight of our stay in Zimbabwe.
Bernadette Rollinson, South Africa
14 July 2014
What a wonderful place. Thanks so much for the fantastic hospitality and care given to us while we were there. Beautiful, clean and more than adequate rooms. A very lovely chocolate lab to give you plenty of attention too! Thanks
jenny rynhoud, South Africa
13 January 2014
1. Nice gardens
2. Quiet location
3. Room and bathroom had tons of ants. Bed was covered in them.
4. Poor bathroom supplies (no shampoo, conditioner etc)
5. The office was rarely attended, so everytime we needed anything, the managers had to be from the other end of the property.
6. Breakfasts were disappointing
7. Best chocolate mousse ever
8. No credit card facilities for payment was inconvenient as operating ATM's in Bulawayo was extremely difficult to find.
9. Lovely cleaning lady and restaurant staff
10. Overall it was disappointing and I wouldn't stay again.
Megan Bath, Australia
26 January 2013
My husband and I camped at Southern Comfort Lodge in August 2012. We were greeted and treated as respected guests and provided with information on local shopping, garages etc. We had a meal in the restaurant. The campsite was grassed and shady and we had plenty of room for our off-road trailer and tent. Security was good too. We will definitely recommend this place to others looking for a campsite in Bulawayo.
Sally King, South Africa
01 October 2012