I did not enjoy our stay at Havana Nights.
1) The sheets, towels and kitchen cloths available for our use did not smell clean, and I got the distinct impression they hadn't been washed since the previous occupants left. There was a used facecloth still hanging the the rod of the shower curtain in the bathroom of the main bedroom, and another one on the floor behind the door of the bathroom. the dishcloths were pasty and smelled.
2) When I initially booked, I had booked for Siesta. I was asked if I would mind changing to Havana because there was some confusion with the booking, and the angling people that were coming for the weekend needed to go into Siesta. I was told the conditions would be the same. Havana does not sleep 5. The sleeper couch is not at all comfortable to sleep on - full of gaps and holes in the sponge beneath. The 2 single beds are not in their own room, but are squashed into the living room which makes it a bit difficult if children want to sleep and adults are still up.
3) Havana does not cater for children. Our children had absolutely no space to play, and had to try play in between the owner's 2 cars and massive boat. I was expecting some play space as could be seen from the pictures.
4) Don't expect a decent DSTV bouquet. It says "hotel bouquet" but there is no MNet, NONE of the movie channels, hardly any of the sports channels.
5) Havana seems to have previously been the garages belonging to the main house. As such, it is very dark and receives no sunlight through the windows. The main bedroom has a very dim light, very badly positioned, and does not allow one to see properly into the cupboards. As such, the darkness contributes further to the feeling of dirt and lack of cleanliness.
It was not a good stay, and we will not be coming back to Havana Nights.
Lisete Vieira, South Africa
07 July 2014
Beautiful location, spacious rooms. Fully equipped kitchen. Safe parking. Quiet surroundings. All the places to see are nearby. What else you need for a memorable stay? A 4 star place to stay if you like to feel home outside home and cook your own food.
akash robert, South Africa
17 December 2013
What an amazing place... Quiet, peaceful and we received a very warm welcome. I would most definitely recommend it to all South Africans who want to stay at a quiet, peaceful and beautiful place... I will definitely be staying there every time I'm in graskop. The hospitality is heart warming, siesta is the place to be
Linda Mkhatshwa, South Africa
02 December 2013
We had a wonderful stay at siesta, there was everything we needed and more, it was so beautiful and love all the art work. the people was so welcoming and friendly, I would love toe go again.
venessa van der merwe, South Africa
23 July 2013
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Siesta. The house is beautifully furnished and very neat. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a quiet, relaxing weekend away.
Thank you Nicole. GOD bless.
Jocelyn Karanie, South Africa
10 June 2013