Galleries and Museum
The Ann Bryant Art Gallery is dedicated to increasing aesthetic awareness of cultural diversity and promoting the work of prominent Eastern Cape artists. The elegant old house was built in 1905 and officially opened to the public as a gallery in 1947.
The gallery houses a collection of 20th Century South African paintings, primarily of Victorian and Cape Dutch style. It is situated in East London in an Edwardian building on the corner of St. Marks Road and Oxford Street.
Some of the artwork on display includes that of Norman Catherine, Judith Mason, Walter Battiss, Sydney Carter, George Pemba, John Maufangejo, Cyprian Shilakoe and Willie Bester.
There is also a lovely coffee shop where guests can enjoy a cup of coffee and a light meal.